|• Member of Parliament||Kakoba Onyango|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Njeru is located approximately 25 kilometres (16 mi) northeast of Buikwe, where the district headquarters are located. This location is about 4.5 kilometres (2.8 mi) west of downtown Jinja. The town is located across River Nile from the city of Jinja and is functionally a suburb of that city.
There are several industries and businesses located in Njeru that provide employment to a significant number of people and contribute significantly to the economy of Uganda. These include but are not limited to:
- Nile Breweries Limited - A subsidiary of South African Breweries
- Nalubaale Power Station - Installed Capacity 180 MW - Operated by Eskom (Uganda), a subsidiary of Eskom
- East African Packaging Solutions - A 50/50 Joint Venture between the Madhvani Group and Graphic Systems Limited.
- NYTIL Picfare - The Biggest Garments Factory in Uganda, making garments out of Locally grown Organic Cotton.
- Nile Vocational Institute - A Technical College with over 100 Students founded by German Charity Kindernothilfe
- Vitafoam Industries - A Factory Manufacturing Mattresses.
- Njeru Stock Farm - Formerly a government Livestock Farm, now Used as an Army Detach.
The population of Njeru, according to the 2002 national census was 51,236. In 2008, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 59,900. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Njeru at 64,900.