Lenoir at Paris Chocolate Show in 2013
19 September 1979 |
Les Ulis, France
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Dress size||(EU) 36
Elite Model Management: New York
AMT Models: Vienna
Models 1: London
Option Model Agency: Zurich
Model Management: HamburgElite Model Management: Milan, Barcelona, Los Angeles, Paris, Cape Town
Noémie Lenoir (born 19 September 1979 in Les Ulis) is a French model and actress of mixed heritage. She is best known for appearing in top magazines such as Elle and Sports Illustrated, and modeling in advertisements for high fashion brands. She is known for her work with Gucci, L'Oréal, Next, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Victoria's Secret, and Marks and Spencer. She has been featured in a line-up of the world's most successful black models by renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz.
Lenoir was born in Les Ulis, Essonne, France. Her mother comes from the French island of Réunion in the Indian Ocean and has Malagasy ancestry. Her father is a retired French electrician who later divorced her mother. Her family moved first to Gif-sur-Yvette and then to Palaiseau where she was discovered and started her career in modelling.
Growing up in a banlieue district near Paris, which she describes as a "ghetto", Lenoir was first spotted at the age of 17 in 1997 when she was approached by a Ford booker in a post office. She signed with L'Oréal in 1997, and has since appeared in their advertisements alongside Laetitia Casta and long-term model and actress Andie MacDowell. She has also worked for Victoria's Secret, Gap, Next, and many others.
Lenoir was the face of UK high-street retailer Marks & Spencer, for four years until Christmas 2009 and was seen in various British magazines and billboards alongside fellow models Twiggy and Laura Bailey. Lenoir returned to Marks & Spencer advertising in 2012 where she is seen "enjoying a selection of quintessentially British pastimes".
In 2007, Lenoir featured in the hit film Rush Hour 3 alongside actors Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. In 2009, Lenoir featured in the music video for Usher's single "Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)". As of April 2011[update] she was represented by Models 1.
After a relationship with rapper Stomy Bugsy, she lived with international football player Claude Makélélé of Paris Saint-Germain. They have a son, Kelyan Makélélé (born February 2, 2005). The couple split in early 2009. Despite widespread reports Lenoir was married to Makélélé, she wrote a blog in 2009 clarifying their former relationship, saying: "I’m not and have never been married. I do have a son. I have a wonderful baby’s father and have a great relationship with him, however I’ve been single for some time now."
On May 9, 2010, Lenoir was found unconscious, after a suspected suicide attempt in a park near her Paris home, by a man walking his dog. She was rushed to hospital where large quantities of drugs and alcohol were found in her system. She spoke about the suicide attempt in a February 2011 interview with Britain's Guardian Weekend magazine, admitting she'd done 'something really, really stupid'. Some have referred to the incident as a case in a "series of suicidal tragedies" ongoing in the fashion industry at the time, along with the suicides of Ambrose Olsen, Daul Kim, Hayley Kohle, and Ruslana Korshunova.
- Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre (2002), Chamandra
- Gomez & Tavarès (2003), Gina
- After the Sunset (2004), Mooré's Girl
- Jeff et Léo, flics et jumeaux (2004), Anna – TV series, episode "Un train peut en cacher un autre"
- The Valet (2006), Karine
- Gomez contre Tavarès (2007), Gina
- Rush Hour 3 (2007), Geneviève
- "Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)" (2009) – Usher music video
- Tout le monde en parle – (3 episode, 2000–2003)
- 20h10 pétantes – (1 episode, 2004)
- French Beauty – (2005)
- On n'est pas couché – (1 episode, 11 June 2007)
- Britain's Next Top Model, Cycle 6 – (1 episode, 19 July 2010)
- Danse avec les stars - contestant (2013)
- "Noemie Lenoir" Fashion Model Directory
- "Noémie Lenoir", 18 March 2009, NRJ (French)
- "Noemie Lenoir" AskMen
- "The truth about why M&S model Noemie Lenoir tried to take her own life" 15 May 2010, Mail Online
- "Suicide-bid M&S model Noemie Lenoir goes home after drugs and alcohol overdose". Mail Online. 15 May 2010.
- "Noémie Lenoir: 'Last May I did something really stupid'", 19 February 2011, The Guardian
- "Former M&S model Noemie Lenoir looks the picture of health as she soaks up the sun in Miami". Daily Mail. London. 3 March 2011.
- "Models 1: Noemie Lenoir – Portfolio". Models 1. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Claude Makelele enjoys first holiday with new WAG after splitting from M&S lingerie model Noemie Lenoir". Daily Mail (London). 19 June 2009.
- "M&S lingerie model Noemie Lenoir falls for rap mogul Russell Simmons after love split". Daily Mail (London). 24 June 2009.
- Hodge, Katie; Clarke, Josie (13 May 2010). "M&S model Noemie Lenoir recovers after 'suicide bid'". independent.co.uk.
- "Marks and Spencer's model Noemie Lenoir 'attempts suicide'". telegraph.co.uk. 12 May 2010.
- "Model Noemie Lenoir Attempts Suicide in Paris". Indiavision news. May 12, 2010.
- news=386 « Top model Noemie Lenoir 'attempts suicide' in Paris », peoplestar.co.uk, Retrieved on 2010-05-12.
- "Why are so many models attempting suicide? Lives of top catwalkers fraught with pressure: experts", 18 May 2010, NY Daily News
- Marks & Spencer Christmas advert 2009
- Noémie Lenoir at the Internet Movie Database
- Noémie Lenoir at AllMovie
- Noémie Lenoir at the Fashion Model Directory
- Noémie Lenoir: news, photos and videos on http://www.NoemieLenoir.eu