No. 2 High School Attached to East China Normal University
|This article is a translation-work in progress of the [[:FLSC:zh:华东师范大学第二附属中学|zh:华东师范大学第二附属中学]] article from to English.
If you are confident enough in your competence of and English, you can help Wikipedia by assisting in the translation.
|No. 2 High School of East China Normal University
pinyin: Huádōng Shīfàn Dàxué Dì Ér Fùshǔ Zhōngxué
|555 Chenhui Rd, Zhangjiang
Shanghai, 201203, People's Republic of China
|Type||Public School, Boarding School|
|Principal||Xiao-Wen He 何晓文|
|Age||15 to 18|
|Campus||Suburban, 50,879 square metres (13 acres)|
|Affiliations||East China Normal University|
No. 2 High School of East China Normal University (Simplified Chinese: 华东师范大学第二附属中学; Traditional Chinese: 華東師範大學第二附屬中學; pinyin: Huádōng Shīfàn Dàxué Dì Ér Fùshǔ Zhōngxué; abbr.:二附中, 华东师大二附中, 华师大二附中) is a renowned Chinese high school located in Zhangjiang High-Tech Park, Pudong district, Shanghai, People's Republic of China.
Founded in 1958, No. 2 High School of East China Normal University is the only 'key high school' in Shanghai that is under direct auspices of the country's Ministry of Education other than Shanghai Foreign Language School, a school specialized in foreign language. It is most well known for its outstanding performance in international, continental, national and regional science contests. A number of 22 gold medals is won in International Mathematical Olympiad, International Physics Olympiad, International Chemistry Olympiad, International Olympiad in Informatics, and International Biology Olympiad as of 2009, the most in Mainland China.
The school locates in the Zhangjiang Hi-tech Park with convenient transportation, and covers an area of 10 ha with first-class basic establishment. No. 2 High School Attached to East China Normal University is a boarding school and at present, has a total of more than 1400 students and a total staff of 140. In 1999,its International Division was established and was approved by the Shanghai Municipal Government for enrolling foreign students, aged 12 to 18, for junior and senior high school education.
The school serves as an HSK testing center, as well as a 'Base' under the direct auspices of the Office of Chinese Language Council International of the People's Republic of China for teaching Chinese as a foreign language. In addition, the school provides Chinese language teaching as an established subsidiary of the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council.
The school has (or has had) the following names:
- No. 2 High School of East China Normal University, official English name since 1999.
- No. 2 Secondary School of East China Normal University, school name used by College Board.
- No. 2 Secondary School attached to East China Normal University, out-dated since 1999, when International Department was built and the school planned moving from its original address (896 Zaoyang Rd., since built to 2002) to Pudong district in Shanghai.
- "全国奥赛最强之三所中学——长沙市一中、华东师大二附中、湖南师大". Retrieved 2010-12-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to No.2 High School of East China Normal University.|
- No. 2 High School of ECNU official website
- International Division of No.2 High School of ECNU
- No.2 High School of ECNU, Chinese Language Education Service for Foreigners
- UNESCO program: Strengthening the Second Secondary School attached to East China Normal University