No Earthly Connection
|No Earthly Connection|
|Studio album by Rick Wakeman|
|Recorded||Jan.-Mar. 1976, Le Chateau Studios, Herouville, France|
|Rick Wakeman chronology|
The LP record's sleeve attributes the album to Rick Wakeman and the English Rock Ensemble. In addition to Wakeman with his wide variety of keyboard instruments, including harpsichords, Mellotrons, Moog synthesizers, organs, and pianos, musicians on the album are vocalist Ashley Holt, Roger Newell (bass guitar and vocals), John Dunsterville (guitars, mandolin, and vocals), Tony Fernandez (drums and percussion), Martyn Shields (trumpet, French horn, and vocals), and Reg Brooks (trombone and vocals).
The original LP release contained a small square sheet of reflective plastic that could be curved into a cylinder, which when placed on the front cover allowed the viewer to see the cover drawing undistorted and with a 3D-like effect. A barely noticeable thin colourful arc on the cover (see picture) appeared then as a rainbow keyboard about to be played by Wakeman's hands, in consonance with the album's theme of a creation myth based on music.
The album is currently out of print in Europe and the USA, but a remastered CD release is available in Japan and one is forthcoming in the States. There are currently no plans for an official CD reissue in the rest of the world.
The original art was created by Chris Moore at Moore Morris
All tracks composed by Rick Wakeman.
- "Music Reincarnate"* — 28:08
- "Part I:The Warning" — 8:19
- "Part II:The Maker" — 3:34
- "Part III:The Spaceman" — 4:03
- "Part IV:The Realisation" — 4:17
- "Part V:The Reaper" — 7:55
- "The Prisoner" — 7:02
- "The Lost Cycle" — 7:03
*The "Music Reincarnate" suite is split between both sides on the original vinyl version. Side one contains the first four parts, and side two consists of the fifth (and final) part and the last two tracks.
- Side one
- "Music Reincarnate" — 20:24
- "Part I:The Warning"
- "Part II:The Maker"
- "Part III:The Spaceman"
- "Part IV:The Realisation"
- Side two
- "Music Reincarnate (Continued)"
- "Part V:The Reaper" — 7:34
- "The Prisoner" — 7:00
- "The Lost Cycle" — 7:00
- Rick Wakeman — pipe organ, Hammond C.3, grand piano, electric piano, clavinet, moogs, harpsichord, electric harpsichord, upright honky tonk piano, mellotrons, Godwin organ, effects pedals
- Ashley Holt — vocals
- Roger Newell — bass guitar, bass pedals, vocals
- John Dunsterville — acoustic and electric guitars, mandolin
- Tony Fernandez — drums, percussion
- Martyn Shields — trumpet, flugelhorn, french horn, vocals
- Reg Brooks — trombone, bass trombone, vocals
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. No Earthly Connection at AllMusic
|This progressive rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|