No More Tears (song)
|"No More Tears"|
|Single by Ozzy Osbourne|
|from the album No More Tears|
"Don't Blame Me"
"Party with the Animals"
|Released||12 June 1991|
|Genre||Heavy metal, symphonic metal, progressive rock|
|Writer(s)||Ozzy Osbourne, Zakk Wylde, Mike Inez, Randy Castillo, John Purdell|
|Ozzy Osbourne singles chronology|
"No More Tears" is the fifth song on the 1991 Ozzy Osbourne heavy metal album No More Tears. With a running time of 7:23, it is the longest solo song that Osbourne has ever recorded on a studio album. It reached #5 on U.S. Mainstream Rock Tracks, #71 on the Billboard Hot 100, and #32 on the UK Singles Chart.
A shorter edited version of this song was released to some radio stations, and can be heard on the 1997 compilation album The Ozzman Cometh. The full-length version appears on The Essential Ozzy Osbourne.
The music video was shot to accommodate both the album version and the edited version of the song. Some channels played the full-length video, and others played the shortened version.
This song also is played in the Adam Sandler movie Little Nicky. In the final battle scene where Osbourne appears, "No More Tears" can be heard being played in the background.
In the 2002 remaster booklet for the No More Tears album, Osbourne stated that the song was about a serial killer.
Richard Gilliam of Allmusic wrote "the song has precisely the sort of hard, rhythmic drive marks good heavy metal" and "Osbourne’s sharply edged vocals are among the strongest of his solo efforts" but "near the end of the song there’s a pointlessly overproduced art-rock bridge that mars the song’s otherwise fine dynamic flow".
- 7" single, 1991, Epic/Sony. Additional track is "S.I.N." Not available in the US.
- CD single, 1991, Epic/Sony. Special UK package. CD single in an embossed CD wallet with room for each solo studio record. Each sleeve has a different picture. Additional tracks are "S.I.N." and "Party with the Animals".
- CD single, 1991, Epic/Sony. Promo only version, one track.
- 12" picture disc, 1991, Epic/Sony. Additional tracks are "S.I.N." and "Party with the Animals". Not available in the US.
- CD single, 1991, Epic/Sony. "Maxi single" with "No More Tears", "S.I.N.", "Don't Blame Me", and "Party with the Animals".
- Ozzy Osbourne - vocals
- Zakk Wylde - guitar
- Bob Daisley - bass
- John Sinclair - keyboards, piano
- Randy Castillo - drums