|Origin||Massachusetts, United States|
|Labels||No Sleep, Nitro|
No Trigger is a melodic hardcore band from Massachusetts, United States. The band formed in 2000, with a sound which takes cues from like-minded outfits such as Strike Anywhere and None More Black. The band self-released two demos, one of them a split with Wasteland. By this point the band had started to gain accolades from the webzine likes of Pastepunk and Punknews, the latter of which referred to No Trigger as close to being "the best unsigned band in America".
In late 2004, the band compiled these recordings and remastered the sound for their debut release, Extinction in Stereo, released on independent record label Bigmouth Japan. Extinction received a significant amount of attention and praise from the punk rock press.
A long period of inactivity following Canyoneer lead to speculation that No Trigger had broken up. The band released an update in September 2010 which announced that the original lineup had reformed and were going to release Be Honest, a 7" EP on December 14, 2010. The band announced that they had signed to No Sleep Records shortly after the release of the EP, and anticipate a full-length release in mid-2011. Their second album, Tycoon, was recorded with producer Jay Maas and was expected to be released in the winter of 2011. No Trigger tweeted that they had entered the studio to begin recording on July 29th, 2011. It has been rumored that in September 2013 the band began playing with a new drummer, Patrick Murphy of the bands Mountain Man and Last Lights.
Singles & EPs
- The World Is Not a Stage (CD-R) (self-released, 2003)
- No Trigger / Wasteland (CD-R) (self-released, 2004)
- Extinction in Stereo [compilation] (Bigmouth JPN, 2005, New School Records, 2007)
- Be Honest (Mightier Than Sword Records, 2010)
- Tom Rheault – lead vocals
- Brad Rheault – bass guitar
- Jon Strader – rhythm guitar
- Mike Przygoda – lead guitar
- Mike Ciprari – drums, percussion
- Billy Bean – guitar (Smartbomb, Outbreak)
- Erik Perkins – drums (Smartbomb, Outbreak)
- Tom Ciesluk - bass guitar (Save Ends)
- Paul, Aubin (September 7, 2010). "No Trigger announce EP and Full Length plans". Punknews.org. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- Conoley, Ben (December 22, 2010). "No Trigger to release full-length in 2011". Punknews.org. Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- Kraus, Brian (December 23, 2010). "No Trigger sign to No Sleep Records". Alternative Press. Retrieved December 24, 2010.
- Official No Trigger MySpace Page
- Exclusive Interview with No Trigger @ punkshit.org
- Nitro Records
- New School Records
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|