Noar Linhas Aéreas
|Fleet size||1 (+1 ordered)|
|Company slogan||Unindo o Nordeste (Uniting the Northeast)|
|Parent company||NOAR Aviation|
|Key people||Vicente Jorge Espíndola Rodrigues (President)|
According to the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC) in July 2011 Noar had 0.00% of the domestic market share in terms of passengers per kilometre flown. Since August 2011 Noar does not operate scheduled flights.
The company's main objective is to operate in the market of scheduled regional flights on the northeast region of Brazil, connecting its major centers. It was founded in 2009 and on May 14, 2010 the National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC) granted the final authorization to start operations. Flights began on June 14, 2010.
Following operational complications after its July 13, 2011 accident, on September 20, 2011 Noar requested to ANAC the temporary suspension of its services.
As of September 2011, at the time of its temporary suspension of services, Noar Linhas Aéreas operated scheduled services to the following destinations:
- Maceió – Zumbi dos Palmares International Airport
- Mossoró – Gov. Dix-Sept Rosado Airport
- Natal – Augusto Severo International Airport
- Recife – Guararapes/Gilberto Freyre International Airport
Terminated destinations: Aracaju, Caruaru, João Pessoa, Paulo Afonso.
As of December 2011 the fleet of Noar Linhas Aéreas included the following aircraft:
|Let L-410 Turbolet||1||1||19||2010|
Airline affinity program
Noar Linhas Aéreas has no Frequent Flyer Program.
Accidents and incidents
- 13 July 2011: a Let L-410 Turbolet registration PR-NOB operating flight 4896 from Recife to Natal and Mossoró crashed shortly after take-off from Recife. All 16 occupants were killed.
- Oliveira, Marcela (May 20, 2010). "Nova empresa aérea começa a atuar em Alagoas em junho" (in Portuguese). Primeira Edição. Retrieved May 21, 2010.
- "Dados Comparativos Avançados" (in Portuguese). Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC). Retrieved October 23, 2011.
- "Nordeste Aviação Regional Linhas Aéreas (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Retrieved May 21, 2010.
- Schapochnik, Claudio (May 17, 2010). "Anac aprova concessão da Noar Linhas Aéreas (PE)" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. Retrieved May 21, 2010.
- Chirotto, Fernando (May 19, 2010). "Noar (PE) inicia operação em junho com quatro voos" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. Retrieved May 21, 2010.
- "Noar Linhas Aéreas" (in Portuguese). Noar Linhas Aéreas. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- Guirão, Gabriel (September 28, 2010). "Gol firma parceria com Noar e tem primeiro voo sexta-feira" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. Retrieved September 28, 2010.
- Marcelino, Vera (September 20, 2011). "Noar solicita suspensão temporária à ANAC" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- "Nossos Destinos" (in Portuguese). Noar. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
- "Frota atual das empresas brasileiras" (in Portuguese). Aeromuseu. December 31, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2012.
- "Accident description PR-NOB". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Noar emite comunicado sobre acidente em Recife" (in Portuguese). Panrotas. July 13, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2011.