|Premiere||1 March 1956 – Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London|
|Original ballet company||Sadler's Wells Ballet|
The Faded Beauty
The Poor Girl
The Rich Man
|Type||one act ballet|
Noctambules is a ballet created in 1956 by Kenneth MacMillan for the Sadler's Wells Ballet. The ballet was choreographed to Humphrey Searle's Noctambules, Op. 30 written for the ballet. The set and costumes were designed by Nicholas Georgiadis. The ballet premiered on 1 March 1956 at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, London.
- The Hypnotist - Leslie Edwards
- His Assistant - Maryon Lane
- The Faded Beauty - Nadia Nerina
- The Poor Girl - Anya Linden
- The Rich Man - Desmond Doyle
- The Soldier - Brian Shaw
The corps de ballet was divided into rich people and poor people. Notable dancers among the rich included Australian choreographer Ronald Hynd and South African dancer Gary Burne. Notable dancers among the poor included Merle Park, Doreen Wells and Pirmin Trecu.
- Noctambules - 1 March 1956; The Royal Opera House Collections Online, accessed 2008-11-03