Noel Katz is an American composer, lyricist, and bookwriter for musical theatre.
He is best known for Such Good Friends, which was presented at the fourth annual New York Musical Theatre Festival, where it won five awards, including Talkin’ Broadway’s Citation as the season’s best musical  , and Our Wedding, The Musical, which was featured in The New York Times in 2003 after Mr. Katz composed an entire musical for his own actual wedding.
Mr. Katz is also a specialist in theatrical improvisation. He has taught at Artistic New Directions’ Summer Improv Retreat and currently teaches at The People’s Improv Theatre. He has composed scores for a variety of Second City (NY) improv-based revues, including We Built This City on Rent Control, A Time For Heroes and Hoagies, and Generation F’d. He has also taught song improvisation at Fairleigh Dickinson University, Circle in the Square and the National Dance Institute.
- Through the Wardrobe
- Murder at the Savoy
- The Heavenly Theatre (composer)
- The New U.
- On the Brink
- Not a Lion
- The Christmas Bride
- The Company of Women
- Spilt Milk
- The Pirate Captains
- The Making of "Larry: The Musical"
- The Love Contract
- Area 51
- Our Wedding
- Couplets (composer)
- Such Good Friends
- Learning Curve, a short musical film created as part of Ripfest #11 (lyricist/screenwriter)
- www.weddingmusical.com The Wedding Musical Website
- Our Wedding at TheaterMania.com
- Theatre Mania Review of NYMF 2007 and "Such Good Friends"
- Broadway World Review of "Such Good Friends"
- Edge New York Review of "Such Good Friends"
- Back Stage Review of "Such Good Friends"
- New York Sun Review of "Couplets"
- Interview with Noel Katz, at NYC Tourist.com
- Noel Katz Biography at MusicalWriters.com
- Interview with Noel Katz about the musical "Area 51" at The Thunder Child website.
- "Pirate Captains" Cast Album