From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He has been named one of the top "Management Gurus"  He is an advocate of leaders being teachers as well as managers. He is the co-author along with Warren Bennis of Judgment: How Winning Leaders Make Great Calls
- Organization design for primary health care: The case of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Health Center (Praeger special studies in U.S. economic, social, and political issues) (1977)
- Managing Strategic Change: Technical, Political, and Cultural Dynamics (1983)
- Strategic Human Resource Management - with Charles Fombrun and Anne Devanna (1984)
- Globalizing Management: Creating and Leading the Competitive Organization - with Vladimir Pucik and Carole K. Barnett (1993)
- Transformational Leader - with Mary Anne Devanna (1997)
- The Ethical Challenge: How to Lead with Unyielding Integrity - with Andrew McGill (2003)
- Judgment: How Winning Leaders Make Great Calls - with Warren Bennis (2007)
- The Management Gurus: Lessons from the Best Management Books of All Time By Chris Lauer
- Mica Schneider Rating the Management Gurus Business Week 2001
- Salka, John (2005-02-22). First In, Last Out: Leadership Lessons from the New York Fire Department. Penguin Group US. pp. 221–. ISBN 9781101216217. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- Lauer, Chris; Summaries, The Editors at Soundview Executive Book (2008-07-31). The Management Gurus: Lessons from the Best Management Books of All Time. Penguin Group US. ISBN 9781440637612. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- Hesselbein, Frances; Goldsmith, Marshall (2011-02-17). The Leader of the Future 2: Visions, Strategies, and Practices for the New Era. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 141–. ISBN 9781118047255. Retrieved 21 March 2014.