|Full name||Noel Eduardo Valladares Bonilla|
|Date of birth||3 May 1977|
|Place of birth||Comayagua, Honduras|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2005.
† Appearances (Goals).
Valladares is Honduras' second most capped footballer of all time, after Amado Guevara.
Valladares started his career at local club Real Comayagua, but made his professional debut in 1997 when playing as a striker for several seasons at Motagua, before turning into a goalkeeper with Motagua and then Olimpia. He had scored his only goal for Motagua against Olimpia on 18 May 2003.
Valladares made his senior debut for Honduras in a June 2000 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Haiti and has, as of February 2013, earned a total of 105 caps, scoring no goals. He has represented his country in 46 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played in all three matches at the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He played at the 2009 and 2011 UNCAF Nations Cups as well as at the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup and the 2001 Copa América.
Valladares has been the first-choice goalkeeper for his country for over 10 years and became the third Honduran to reach a century of caps, after record cap Amado Guevara and Honduras' top goalscorer of all time Carlos Pavón. He was an instrumental figure behind Honduras's qualifying run to the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals and played in all three games in South Africa, conceding 3 goals against Chile (0-1) and Spain (0-2) before keeping a clean sheet and earning the Man of the Match award in the team's final game against Switzerland.
His nickname in the Honduran squad is The Secret due to his shy personality away from the field. In 2010 he succeeded Amado Guevara as the captain of the Honduran national team.
In 2011, he won the award for "Best Goalkeeper in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup." In the same tournament he won the award for the 3rd as well as the 4th best save.
Honours and awards
- C.D. Olimpia
- Liga Profesional de Honduras (9): 2005–06 A, 2005–06 C, 2007–08 C, 2008–09 C, 2009–10 C, 2011–12 A, 2011–12 C, 2012–13 A, 2012–13 C
- C.D. Motagua
- Liga Profesional de Honduras (5): 1997–98 A, 1997–98 C, 1999–00 A, 1999–00 C, 2001–02 A
- Honduran Super Cup (1): 1997–98
- Best Goalkeeper Award of CONCACAF Gold Cup (1): 2011
- Man of The Match in 2010 FIFA World Cup vs. Switzerland
- Best Goalkeeper Award of Liga Profesional de Honduras (3): 2006–07 C, 2007–08 A, 2007–08 C
- Noel Valladares: “La afición nos pide estemos encima del rival” - Tiempo (Spanish)
- Las 10 curiosidades del clásico Olimpia-Motagua - El Heraldo (Spanish)
- "Noel Valladares Biography & Statistics". Sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2010-06-29.
- Noel Valladares – FIFA competition record
- Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup 2009 - Details - RSSSF
- UNCAF (Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup) 2011 - Details - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2011 - Full Details - RSSSF
- Noel Valladares festejó los 100 partidos con derrota - Diez (Spanish)
- Players with 100+ Caps and 30+ International Goals - RSSSF