Barahona was born in 1990 to two athletic parents—her mother Yasmin was a Chilean windsurfing champion, while her father Pablo competed in sailing in the 1984 Olympic Games. When she is not skiing, Barahona is a student of the Universidad del Desarrollo in Santiago de Chile. She speaks Spanish, English, and Italian.
- Ranked Number 1 skier in Chile.
- Competed in the 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Turin, Italy. At 15 years old, Barahona was the youngest alpine skier ever to compete.
- Competed in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. In her best race, Barahona placed 23rd.
- Appeared on the American TV show "Larry King Live" to speak about the Chilean earthquake on Feb. 27, 2010.
- Competed in the 2014 Winter Olympics taking place in Sochi, Russia.
|This biographical article relating to Chilean winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|