|Compatible networks||GSM 900 1800 1900
GSM 850 1900
|Dimensions||105.4 mm (4.15 in) H
44.3 mm (1.74 in) W
18.6 mm (0.73 in) D
|Weight||88 g (3.1 oz)|
|Operating system||Series 40 2nd edition|
|Display||128x160 px CSTN|
The Nokia 6070 is a mobile phone made by Nokia. It operates on GSM tri band frequency 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz (850 and 1900 MHz in the US model), with automatic switching between frequencies. It is small in size with dimensions of 105.4 x 44.3 x 18.6 mm and weights 88 grams. It was released in the second quarter of 2006. The phone runs using Nokia S40 second edition. This phone's features include a VGA camera, FM radio and voice recording.
- 128x160 CSTN display
- MMS (max. 150 kb)
- Nokia Serireminders
- Java ME
- xHTML web browser
- E-mail support for POP3 and IMAP4 networks
- Integrated VGA camera for taking videos and still images
- FM radio
- Loud speaker (can be used for calls)
- Pop-port connector
- Synchronisation support
- Instant messaging
- Next G Networking
Supported media formats
- Images: .bmp, .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff
- Tones: .nrt (Nokia Ringing Tune), .mid, .mp3, .amr
- Video: .3gp
- Themes: .nth (Nokia Themes)
- Applications: .jar
- Web pages: XHTML, HTML
- When installing applications whose size is 130-150kb using the Nokia PC suite, an error message appears saying that the file is too large to be installed on the phone although the maximum size that can be installed on the Nokia 6070 is 150kb. Applications which have a size of 130-150kb can be installed via OTA (over-the-air) download using GPRS.
- Sometimes, when the phone is using GPRS and the memory is about to become full (due to the internet cache being enabled), the phone crashes and White Screen of Death appears.
- When accessing the text message inbox whilst receiving a text message at the same time, the phone crashes and the White Screen of Death appears.
- Some users reported that they got a Nickel allergy because of too much exposure of the user's fingers to the navigation key which is made from nickel although, it is documented in the user's manual that users must avoid too much exposure to nickel which may lead to an allergic reaction. Several new Nokia phones in the market use the same navigation key as in Nokia 6070 to presumably cut cost.
- Nokia 5070
- Nokia 6080
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia 6070.|