Nokia 6110 Navigator
|Compatible networks||EGSM 850/900/1800/1900 WCDMA/HSDPA 2100|
|Dimensions||101 mm × 49 mm × 20 mm|
|Weight||125 g (0.28 lb)|
|CPU||ARM11 @ 369 Mhz|
|Memory||35 MB (internal) + MicroSD Memory Card (Included)|
|Display||2.2 inches, 320 × 240 pixels, TFT, 16 true million colors, QVGA|
|Connectivity||USB Mass Storage via mini USB , Bluetooth 2.0|
The Nokia 6210 Navigator replaces the 6110 Navigator.
In February 2008, Vodafone recalled 3,000 of their branded Nokia 6110 Navigators due to problems with its GPS application.
- Symbian OS v9.2 with S60 Platform 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1
- Quad band GSM / GPRS / EDGE: GSM/EDGE Quadband 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Singleband UMTS / HSDPA: W-CDMA 2100 MHz
- HSDPA 3.6 Mbit/s
- Integrated GPS system
- 2 megapixel camera, Video – CIF 352×288
- QCIF camera for video calling
- Bluetooth 2.0
- USB 2.0 (mini USB)
- Stereo FM radio and support for Visual Radio
- Push to Talk over Cellular (PoC)
- Music Player supporting MP3, AAC, eAAC+, WMA files
- Stereo speakers
- The Quad Band frequencies will not support Telstra's Next G network which operates on the W-CDMA 850 MHz Band [Source: Telstra 23 Jan 08]. According to Nokia, there is no firmware or hardware update available for the phone. This appears to be a major setback for users of this phone in Australia which was released in June 2007 when the Next G network had already been established.
- Standby Up to 265 h (2G) / 264 h (3G)
- Talk time Up to 3 h 30 min (2G) / 3 h 30 min (3G)
Updating software and maps
World maps can be purchased from Nokia through its website, though they are generally not the latest release from NAVTEQ/ROUTE66. These can be downloaded to the user's PC using Nokia Map Loader (requires Microsoft .NET Framework) or simply double clicking on the downloaded .SIS file with the phone connected to Nokia PC Suite by the data cable, and finishing the installation on the phone. The whole process takes approximately 15 minutes. The maps are installed to the data card and appear in the maps section as World Maps. Installing the maps does not affect the GPS Voice Navigation if this service is already being provided by the sim card provider. If the text, Street not Digitised Appears, the user can just zoom to current GPS location to enhance map magnification.
NAVTEQ's website provides users with a Map Reporter function where users can report missing streets, missing features, restriction, points of interest, errors in the spelling of street names for the Nokia 6110 Navigator. Users are encouraged to report variations in the interests of improving navigation.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia 6110 Navigator.|
- NAVTEQ Website
- Nokia Asia Website
- Nokia 6110 Navigator – Official Site
- Index of Reviews for Nokia 6110 Navigator