GSM 800/900/1800/1900 MHzTri Band UTMS/HSPDA/HSUPA/850/1900/2100 MHz (North American version)
|Availability by country||November 2009|
|Dimensions||114 x 59.5 x 10.1 mm|
|Weight||128 g (with battery)|
|Operating system||S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 UI on Symbian OS v9.3|
|CPU||600 MHz ARM11 processor|
|Memory||250 MiB internal user storage
ROM: 512 MiB
SDRAM: 128 MiB
~45 MiB free executable RAM
|Removable storage||MicroSDHC Hot-swappable, support for up to 32GiB|
|Battery||BP-4L, 3.7V 1,500 mAh lithium-polymer|
|Data inputs||QWERTY thumb keyboard,
optical navigation key
|Display||320×240 px (0.1 megapixels), 2.36 in, up to 16.7 million colours|
|Rear camera||5-megapixel (2592 x 1944 pixels) with autofocus and LED flash|
|Connectivity||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g,
Integrated & Assisted GPS,
3.5 mm audio jack
|Other||FOTA (Firmware update over the air)
ambient light sensor
The Nokia E72 is a smartphone from the Nokia Eseries range manufactured in Finland. It is the successor to the Nokia E71 and is based on a similar design and form factor, and offers a similar feature set. The Nokia E72 is an enterprise-based smartphone (as all Nokia Eseries devices) and has standard features including mobile email, calendar and instant messaging amongst many others.
The Nokia E72 has a new Optical Navi Key feature as opposed to the standard D-pad used on many other Nokia devices including the Nokia E71 – this is said to improve the ease of scrolling through menus, emails, Internet browser, and images as it is an optical sensor rather than a series of closely spaced buttons. In comparison to its predecessor, the Nokia E72 is said to have a higher level of performance (likely due to the faster 600 MHz ARM processor) and also includes a 5-megapixel AF camera. Other changes and improvements are software-based including changes to the user interface and built-in messaging application amongst others.
The Nokia E72 was announced on June 15, 2009 at the Nokia Connections 2009 event in Singapore.
The current firmware of this device is 91.004 published on 2 June 2012 (to check the current firmware *#0000#).
Features and enhancements from E71
Nokia E72 operating Mail for MS Exchange and Hotmail
- Modified design and look compared to E71.
- Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI, Feature Pack 2.
- Optical navi key, along with the conventional D-Pad
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Ovi Maps with free lifetime drive and walk voice assisted navigation
- Lifetime free Nokia Messaging service
- Use of front-facing camera (video call, VGA snapshots and QCIF videos for 15 seconds)
- USB charging
- Magnetometer sensor and digital compass
- RDS support
- uPnP media streaming support (not present on E73)
- UMA (E73)
- 3.5 mm jack in contrast to the 2.5 mm jack used in the E71.
- 12 hours of talktime (2G) instead of the E71's 10 hours (2G).
- Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA instead of dual-band
- HSDPA support of up to 10.2 Mbit/s instead of 3.6
- Added HSUPA at 2.0 Mbit/s
- Improved CPU clock speed from 369 MHz to 600 MHz
- Real time Push e-mail HTML
- Improved reception from the E71's fluctuating signal reception
- 5-megapixel camera (up from 3.2)
- VGA at 15 frame/s (E72) rather than QVGA at 15 frame/s (E71)
- Added flashlight feature
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia E72.|
- Forum Nokia E72 technical device details
- Nokia E72 Full Phone Specification
- Device details — Nokia E72