Nokia Lumia 610
|Series||Nokia Lumia Series|
|Compatible networks||GSM, HSDPA, Wi-Fi|
|Availability by country||Q2 2012|
|Successor||Nokia Lumia 620|
|Related||Nokia Lumia 710
Nokia Lumia 800
Nokia Lumia 900
|Dimensions||119 mm (4.7 in) H
62.2 mm (2.45 in) W
11.95 mm (0.470 in) D
|Weight||131.5 g (4.64 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 7.8 Mango (not able to be updated to Windows Phone 8)|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7227A|
|CPU||800 MHz ARM Cortex-A5|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 200|
|Memory||8 GB internal flash
256 MB ROM
256 MB RAM
|Battery||Rechargeable BP-3L 3.7V 1300mAh Li-ion battery (up to 530 hrs standby, 6.5 hrs talk time)|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor|
|Display||3.7 in. LCD capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass
480x800 px at 252 ppi
|Rear camera||5-megapixel 2592x1944 pixels, LED flash, autofocus|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.1, 802.11b/g/n, A-GPS, micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack|
|Website||Nokia Lumia 610|
Nokia Lumia 610 is a Windows Phone smartphone announced at Mobile World Congress 2012. It is designed for young consumers that are buying their first smartphone. The Lumia 610 has a curvy, metallic design. Like the Lumia 710, it comes in cyan, magenta, black and white. The black and magenta version have a rubberized back instead of the glossy back as found in the white and cyan version of this phone.
Because of the limited memory available on this phone, background tasks using over 90 MB of RAM will be disabled automatically and certain applications will not be able to run. Applications whose user experience is not up to par with Nokia and the application (like Skype, Angry Birds or Pro Evolution Soccer) expectation, will not be available from the marketplace.
On 5 December 2012, the Nokia Lumia 620, the successor of the Nokia Lumia 610, was presented. The improvements are Windows Phone 8, dual-core 1 GHz Qualcomm S4 chipset, 512 MB of RAM, a front-facing VGA camera, a slightly bigger 3.8-inch display and support for up to 64 GB microSD cards.
The GSMArena team wrote: "The truth is the Nokia Lumia 610 is currently slightly overpriced. We did say that it's all about what you get and not what you miss in this class but, as things currently stand, its competitors will give you more without extra charge. It sounds like common sense that the only way for an affordable WP smartphone to succeed is to be cheaper than its droid peers."
Jonathan Choo of FoneArena in his review wrote: "I feel that resources spent at making Windows Phone Tango a reality on 256MB RAM devices were wasted. I know I have used the word compromise a lot in this review, but that is what the Lumia 610 is. It’s a phone full of compromises. With Windows Phone Apollo nearing completion, I suspect this will be the first and only Tango device to be ever released by the Finnish brand, and for that alone, I just can’t possibly recommend this. If you are in the market for a budget Windows Phone device, get the Lumia 710 or HTC Radar, or check out one of the older first generation Windows Phone devices like the Omnia 7 and HTC 7 Trophy instead."
According to 4tech.TV which used analytical engine Brand24, in Polish-speaking part of Internet Nokia Lumia 610 and Nokia Lumia 800 are one of the worst smartphones, as of 2014. Main reason of critics against Nokia Lumia 610 is very low number of applications. However journalists try to defend it, quoting that this is the problem with all of the Windows Phone devices. Up to 2014 Nokia weren't proposing mass production of Android devices(and still it is under critics by new owner), and because of acquire by system of Nokia Lumia 610 owner had to do the phone with it.
- Reardon, Marguerite (27 February, 20127). "Nokia fills out Lumia portfolio, highlights exclusive services". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Hashmi, Saad (12 March 2012). "Compal plans to ship nearly 4 million Nokia Lumia 610s in Q2, take Mango to the mainstream". Windows Phone Daily. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Nokia Lumia 620 Windows Phone 8 mobile announced
- Molen, Brad (27 February 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 hands-on (video)". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Egwu, Izzi (20 June 2012). "It's official: No WP8 for existing Lumia Phones, instead WP7.8 update". Nokia for Us. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Smith, Mat (27 February 2012). "Nokia unveils Lumia 610, arriving Q2". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Nokia Lumia 610 Hands-On Video". YouTube (Nokia on YouTube). 26 February 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Mies, Ginny (27 February 2012). "First look: Nokia Lumia 808 PureView and Lumia 610". Good Gear Guide (IDG). PC World. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Caron, Berkan (28 February 2012). "Lumia 610: here are all the limitations of Windows Phone with 256MB of Ram". WebLobby. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Surur (26 May 2012). "Not just Skype: Nokia Lumia 610 can also not install Tango, Angry Birds, PES, others". WMPoweruser. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- Pradeep (22 May 2012). "Nokia Pulls Skype For Windows Phone App From Lumia 610 Device". WMPoweruser. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- GSMArena editors (12 June 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 review: Basement window". GSMArena. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Nokia Lumia 610 review - FoneArena
- Sakr, Sharif (13 June 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 review". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- Warren, Tom (1 June 2012). "Nokia Lumia 610 review". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia Lumia 610.|
- Lumia 610 technical specifications (at developer.nokia.com)