Nokia Lumia 620
Nokia Lumia 620
|Compatible networks||GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
|Availability by country||January 2013|
|Predecessor||Nokia Lumia 610|
|Successor||Nokia Lumia 625|
|Dimensions||115.4 mm (4.54 in) H
61.1 mm (2.41 in) W
11.0 mm (0.43 in) D
|Weight||127 g (4.5 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8.1(update able of Windows phone 8.1.1)|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus|
|CPU||1.0 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait MSM8227|
|Memory||8 GB internal flash
512 MB RAM
|Removable storage||Hot Swappable, MicroSD (up to 64 GB) |
|Battery||Removable/Rechargeable BL-4J 1300 mAh|
|Data inputs||10 point Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, super-sensitive touch, Nokia Glance Screen, proximity sensor, orientation sensor, sunlight readability enhancements, pedometer, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, Magnetometer, Double tap to wake|
|Display||3.8" IPS LCD ClearBlack capacitive touchscreen
800×480 px 16.7m-color, RGB Stripe, colour boost
|Rear camera||5.0-megapixel, 2592 × 1936 pixels, LED flash, autofocus, 720p@30fps video recording|
|Front camera||0.3 MP, 640×480 pixels, VGA video recording|
Talk time: Up to 14 hours (3G), 9.9 hours (WCDMA)
file manager = file (Microsoft present)
|Development status||Out of production|
The Nokia Lumia 620 is a smartphone designed, developed and marketed by Nokia. It is the successor to the Lumia 610, and is one of the first Nokia phones to implement Windows Phone 8 alongside the Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820. Although sharing a similar name with the Lumia 610, the Lumia 620 is a major overhaul over its predecessor, employing a 1.0 GHz dual-core processor. It also has exchangeable back covers which come in black, white, magenta, yellow, cyan etc.
It was announced in December 2012 and started selling in January 2013 in Asia, followed by Europe and the Middle East at an estimated street price of USD 249. In the United States, the Nokia Lumia 620 is available for AT&T's subsidiary brand Aio Wireless.
Like other Lumia devices with Windows Phone 8, Nokia adds these applications: HERE Drive+, HERE Maps, HERE City Lens, Nokia Mix Radio (select markets), Smartshoot, NokiaCinemagraph. With subsequent Nokia Amber and Nokia Black updates, they added Nokia Camera, Nokia Glance, Glance Background, Storage Check, Data Sense and several other minor enhancements which were supplied by microsoft as part of their general distribution release.
On July 23, 2013, a variant of the Nokia Lumia 620, the Nokia Lumia 625, was released with a bigger display, 4G support, faster processor, larger battery and 1080p video recording. However, this model lacks certain features like Nokia Glance and some sensors for which it lacks the ability to run applications including Nokia City Lens 
Along with Lumia 810 and 928, this model will not get the FM Radio support upon updating to Windows Phone "Amber". Reasons range from the model not having the FM radio chip to the design of the casing (and earphone plug) not supporting the connection for the antenna required.
Engadget reviewed the phone very positively. It praised its battery life, performance, and value for money. It noted that the camera was not very good, but okay considering that the 620 is a budget phone.
James Rogerson of TechRadar in his review wrote: "There's not a whole lot that the Nokia Lumia 620 does wrong. As an all-round, jack of all trades budget handset it does a great job. We'd love it if the screen was slightly bigger or it had a little bit more RAM, but for the price we can't really complain. The only real issue is the battery, and that's an issue to some extent with every Windows Phone 8 right now."
- Specifications at nokia.com: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/phone/lumia620/specifications/
- Nokia Hard Cover for Lumia 620
- Rigg, Jamie. (2012-12-05) Nokia Lumia 620 announced: 3.8-inch WVGA display, 5 MP camera, $249. Engadget.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-16.
- Nokia Lumia 620 - Full phone specifications. Gsmarena.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-16.
- Here are the Windows Phone 8 hardware requirements – Neowin
- Does temple run work on 512MB RAM WP8 devices? | The Verge Forums
- Nokia Lumia 625: hands-on preview | ITProPortal.com
- "Windows Phone Amber Update". Nokia. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- More, Ian (2013-08-30). "Lumia Amber – your questions answered – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog". Conversations.nokia.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Lack of FM chip not the reason the Nokia Lumia 620 is not getting FM Radio support". WMPoweruser. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- Smith, Mat. (2013-02-07) Nokia Lumia 620 review: precisely what an entry-level smartphone should be. Engadget.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-16.
- Nokia Lumia 620 review: Verdict | Phone Reviews | TechRadar
- Media related to Nokia Lumia 620 at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Video test from Nokia Lumia 620 using Nokia Camera App