Nokia Lumia 630
|Manufacturer||Microsoft Mobile (Microsoft)|
|Predecessor||Nokia Lumia 625|
|Successor||Microsoft Lumia 640|
|Related||Nokia Lumia 930|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8.1|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400|
|CPU||1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 305|
|Memory||512 MB RAM
1 GB (636 & 638)
|Storage||8 GB Internal|
|Removable storage||microSD up to 128GB|
|Display||4.5 inch (11.43 cm) ClearBlack FWVGA (854×480)|
|Rear camera||5 MP|
Talk time(2G): Up to 16.4 hours, Talk time (3G): 13.1 h, Standby time: Up to 360 hours (15 days), Maximum cellular network browsing time: 6.7 h, Music playback time: 58 hGPS/A-GPS and GLONASS
|Website||Nokia Lumia 630 and Nokia Lumia 635|
The Nokia Lumia 630 is a smartphone developed by Nokia that runs Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. It was announced on April 2, 2014 at Microsoft Build 2014 and scheduled to be released in June 2014. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC with a quad-core processor and Adreno 305 GPU. Additionally, it has a 4.5" display and 5 MP camera. The Lumia 635 is identical but is 4G compatible, while Lumia 636 and 638 are identical, but come with 1 GB of RAM and are currently available only in China.
On March 2, 2015, Microsoft presented its successor, the Microsoft Lumia 640, with improved 1280 x 720 HD display, 1GB of RAM, 8mpx camera with 1080p video recording and LED flash, front-facing camera for selfies and videconference, large 2500 mAh battery, Office 365, Microsoft Outlook and Windows 10 Mobile upgradeable.
Nokia launched the Nokia Lumia 630 in India on May 12, 2014 at INR 10,500 along with a dual-SIM variant priced at INR 11,500, both slated to be available from May 14, 2014. While in Malaysia it launched at RM549.
As of May 29, 2014, Nokia announced that the Nokia Lumia 630 will be available in the United Kingdom at £89.95 for the single SIM version only. The handset was launched by Carphone Warehouse on May 22, 2014 available for purchase on Pay as you go networks and Pay monthly in green, black, white, yellow and orange.
Nokia also launched the new Nokia Lumia 630 in the Philippines. It was announced in an event was held at the Bonifacio Global City, Taguig on May 13, 2014 and offered at an affordable price of ₱7,990 . It will be available in different colors including bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, white and black.
There is a significant area of dimming along the top of the screen.
The Nokia Lumia 636 (RM-1027) and 638 (RM-1010) are 1GB RAM variants of the Lumia 635 but only sold in China, Hong Kong and the Philippines for specific carriers. The Lumia 638 is also sold in India exclusively through the Microsoft Brand Store at Amazon.in since December 2014 and is at present the cheapest 4G smartphone in the country.
- Microsoft’s Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL are budget phones with free Office 365 | The Verge
- "Nokia announces Lumia 630, 635 and 930; Lumia Cyan update to include WP 8.1 and more". April 2, 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Nokia Lumia 630 - Full phone specifications". gsmarena.com. May 14, 2014. Archived from the original on May 14, 2014. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- "Detailed specifications for the Nokia Lumia 630". nokia.com. May 14, 2014. Archived from the original on May 14, 2014. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- "Nokia Lumia 635". Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Reviewing Lumia 630
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs Nokia Lumia 625: What’s different? | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India
- Dual-SIM Nokia Lumia 630 Users Report Audio Issues During Phone Calls
- Dual-SIM Nokia Lumia 630 having Phone Call Audio Loss issue | WMPoweruser
- Nokia Lumia 630 Review - Cheap Enough, Just Not Good Enough
- Microsoft won't let you set Google as default search on some new Lumias
- Nokia Lumia 638 with Windows Phone 8.1, 4G launched at Rs.8,299
- Lumia 630 Dual SIM with in-built TV launched in Brazil
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|