Nokia Lumia 720
Nokia Lumia 720
3G UMTS/HSPA+ – 850, 900,
1900, 2100 MHz
|Availability by country||29 April 2013|
|Predecessor||Nokia Lumia 710|
|Related||Nokia Lumia 520
Nokia Lumia 620
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 920
|Dimensions||127.9 mm (5.04 in) H
67.5 mm (2.66 in) W
9 mm (0.35 in) D
|Weight||128 g (4.52 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8227|
|CPU||1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 305|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 64 GB|
|Battery||Non-replaceable Rechargeable BP-4GW 3.7 V 2000 mAh Li-ion battery|
|Data inputs||Multi-Touch capacitive Touchscreen, ambient light sensor, orientation sensor, high brightness mode, sunlight readability enhancements,|
|Display||4.3-inch (109.22 mm)WVGA IPS ClearBlack capacitive touchscreen with high sensitivity touch,
480 × 800 pixels at 217 ppi
Gorilla Glass 2
|Rear camera||6.7 MP Carl Zeiss, HD video (720p)|
|Front camera||1.3 MP, HD video (720p)|
|Sound||Speaker, 3.5mm audio jack (Both AHJ and OMTP standards)|
|Other||Talk time: Up to 23.4 hours (2G) / Up to 13.4 hours (3G)
Standby time: Up to 520 hours (21 days, 16 hours)
Internet use: Up to 13.4 hours (3G), up to 13.4 hours (Wi-Fi)
Audio playback: Up to 79 hours (3 day, 7 hours)
|Website||Nokia Lumia 720|
The phone features a range of back 'Shells' which will allow users to customize the look of their phone as well as adding functionality such as Wireless charging if a shell with that capability is added. This feature gives the additional benefit of allowing a scuffed or broken shell to be replaced with a new one to freshen up the device, something which is not possible on some other competing smartphones.
Like other Lumia phones, its dedicated keys (volume, power and dedicated camera key) reside on the right, with a 3.5mm headphone jack up top and microUSB port at its base.
At 9mm case thickness, Nokia Lumia 720 is the thinnest uni-body polycarbonate shell phone so far.
Processors, memory, and storage
Nokia Lumia 720 marks the first time that Nokia has added an expansion slot for microSD (up to 64GB) into one of its uni-body polycarbonate builds. To access that slot (located on the phone's upper left edge), however, the user requires a pin key—the same goes for the SIM slot on the top right.
Its 4.3 inch display has a WVGA resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and an aspect ratio of 15:9.
- ClearBlack for improved outdoor visibility
- SuperSensitive display for easy use even with gloves, nails and the like.
- Screen protection provided by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2.
A new digital lens, dubbed Glam Me, allows users to enhance facial features like teeth, eyes, and skin, and customize shots with various filters.
Battery and charging
Supports wireless charging using an optional accessory cover. Also can be recharged physically using conventional wired power adapter or USB cable.
Uses a 2000 mAh capacity battery just as the larger Lumia 920 does and as a result has a longer battery life.
This is the first Nokia phone to replace Nokia Maps with the Here suite of navigation services such as Here Maps, Here Transit and HERE Drive, but it lacks HERE Drive+ unlike other second generation Lumia devices.
As with other Lumia devices, the 720 includes Nokia-exclusive apps which differentiate it from other Windows Phone 8 units from other celluar handset manufacturers like HTC 8X, Samsung Ativ S, Huawei Ascend W1 and others.
The much awaited "Amber update" is out for Nokia Lumia 720 in almost every part of the world. It brings new features such as Glance screen, Data sense, F.M radio, Nokia Smartcam and lots of other system improvements.
- Nokia Lumia 720Nokia
- "Vodafone Spain offering Nokia Lumia 720 with Joyn app pre-installed | Windows Phone Central". Wpcentral.com. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Nokia Lumia 720 review: Complete". Nothing Wired. 6 May 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Blandford, Lafe. "Jays AB headset for Windows Phone and a note on headset standards". AllAboutWindowsPhone.com. Retrieved 14/11/2013.
- "Detailed specifications for the Nokia Lumia 720". Nokia.com. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Here are the Windows Phone 8 hardware requirements – Neowin
- Does temple run work on 512MB RAM WP8 devices? | The Verge Forums
- "10 quotes you should read about the Nokia Lumia 520 and Nokia Lumia 720". Conversations Nokia. Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- Volpe, Joseph. "Nokia Lumia 720 preview: a slim and 'trendy' Windows Phone 8 handset for the social networking set (update: video)". Engadget. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "HERE Drive & HERE Drive+ Differences Explained (Updated 3/12)". My Nokia Blog. 11 March 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- VOLPE, JOSEPH. "Nokia Lumia 720 preview: a slim and 'trendy' Windows Phone 8 handset for the social networking set". Engadget. Retrieved 25 Feb 2013.
- Media related to Nokia Lumia 720 at Wikimedia Commons
|This electronics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|