Nokia Lumia 928
|This article is being considered for improvement. Please help us improve the quality of this article by editing it and leaving useful comments at the article's entry on the Articles for Improvement page.|
|Compatible networks||4G LTE Rel. 8 (UE Cat 3) – 700, 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600 MHz|
|First released||Thursday, May 16, 2013|
|Related||Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 1020|
|Dimensions||133 mm (5.2 in) H
68.9 mm (2.71 in) W
10.1 mm (0.40 in) D
|Weight||162 g (5.7 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8|
|CPU||1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8960+WTR|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 225|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||32 GB internal flash and 7 GB free in SkyDrive|
|Battery||Integrated 2000 mAh Li-poly battery with Qi wireless charging|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, proximity sensor, 3D-Accelerometer|
|Display||4.5 in (110 mm) WXGA HD AMOLED, 1280 x 768 pixels at 334 ppi, 15:9 aspect ratio, Color depth 24 bit, 16M colors, 60Hz refresh rate, ClearBlack display, Sunlight Readability Enhancement (SRE), High Brightness Mode (HBM), Super-sensitive capacitive touch enables interacting with the display with gloves and long fingernails, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 2|
|Rear camera||8.7 MP PureView with Carl Zeiss Tessar lens and Xenon flash, Wide angle, f/2.0, 26 mm True 16:9 optics, 1.4µm sensor, Optical Image stabilization (OIS),
1080p video capture @ 30 fps with LED for video
|Front camera||1.2 MP wide angle, f/2.4,
720p video capture @ 30fps
|Other||Talk time: Up to 13 hours
Standby time: Up to 606 hours (approx. 25.2 days)
|Website||Nokia Lumia 928|
Nokia Lumia 928 is a high-end smartphone developed by Nokia that runs Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 operating system. It was announced on May 10, 2013, as a Verizon-exclusive variant of the Nokia Lumia 920. It became available on May 16, 2013, on a two-year contract for $99.99 in the United States. It is exclusive to the U.S. and Canadian markets.
The main features of the Nokia Lumia include:
- 4.5in 1280x768 AMOLED 334 PPI touchscreen display
- 8.7 MP PureView camera with Carl Zeiss optics and Xenon Flash
- Optical Image Stabilization
- 1080p HD video and photo recording
The phone was released for sale exclusively through Verizon in the United States for $99 with a 2-year contract or $500 with no contract. Currently, the phone is available for free with a 2-year contract. In other countries, the aluminum-made Nokia Lumia 925 is offered instead of 928, although the 925 is also available on T-Mobile US.
Alex Colon from PCMag wrote: "For $100, the Nokia Lumia 928 is a lot of phone, both literal and figurative. I do wish it were smaller still, like the just-announced Lumia 925, but you're getting plenty of bang for your buck here. The biggest question is how much you care about apps. The Lumia 928 is competitive in many ways with some of the best smartphones available, but it just can't keep up when it comes to apps."
- "Introducing: Nokia Lumia 928 – bringing PureView to Verizon". Nokia.
- "Nokia announces the Lumia 928". Engadget. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "Nokia Fails To Impress With New Nokia Lumia 928". ReadWrite. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "Nokia launches Lumia 928, an upgrade of Lumia 920". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "Nokia Lumia 928 Windows Phone With 8.7-Megapixel PureView Camera Available May 16 For $99.99 On Contract". TechCrunch. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- Arthur, Charles (10 May 2013). "Lumia 928". London: Guardian UK. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "Nokia Announces The Lumia 928 As a Verizon Exclusive". The Inquirer. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- "Nokia Lumia 928: ingredients for the purest picture". Nokia.
- "Hands-on with the Nokia Lumia 928 and Xenon flash quick test". ZDNet. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- "Nokia Lumia 928 for Verizon Becomes Official". Mashable. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- Review: The Nokia Lumia 928 found a way to make Windows Phone even less appealing | PCWorld
- Colon, Alex (May 16, 2013). "Nokia Lumia 928 (Verizon Wireless)". PCMag. Retrieved August 1, 2013.