|Availability by country||Concept|
|Data inputs||"Nanograss" solar recharging|
The Nokia Morph is a concept mobile phone created by Finnish company Nokia. The concept, which was unveiled on February 25, 2008 at The Museum of Modern Art in New York City, was the product of a joint study into the future of mobile phones by the Nokia Research Center and the University of Cambridge's Nanoscience Centre. The device was presented as part of the museum's "Design and The Elastic Mind" exhibit. According to Bob Lannucci, Nokia's chief technology officer, the "Nokia Research Center is looking at ways to reinvent the form and function of mobile devices... The Morph concept shows what might be possible."
The device, which is non-functional, is intended to provide a conceptual showcase for future applications of nanotechnology in the realm of consumer electronics. The phone's theoretical feature list would include the ability to bend into numerous shapes, so it can be worn around the wrist or held up to the face; transparent electronics, which would allow the device to be see-through yet functional; self-cleaning surfaces that can absorb solar energy to recharge the phone's battery; and a wide range of fully integrated sensors. Nokia released a computer-generated video demonstrating the capabilities the Morph might have if it were a real mobile phone. The manufacturer believed that some of the device's imagined features could appear in high-end devices by 2015.
- Malykhina, Elena (2008-02-25). "Nokia Uses Nano Tech For 'Morph' Concept Cell Phone - Cell Phone". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Reardon, Marguerite (February 25, 2008). "Nokia demos bendable cell phone". Cnet.com. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Future shaping with Morph by Nokia - GSMArena.com news". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Beschizza, Rob (2008-02-25). "7 Jobs That Nokia’s Phone of the Future Will Be Good For | Gadget Lab | Wired.com". Blog.wired.com. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Nokia Morph Concept (long)". YouTube. 2008-02-25. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Nokia's page describing the Morph concept
- Nokia Morph demonstration video
- A review of the Nokia Morph
- Cnet: Nokia demos bendable cell phone
- Nokia 888 is an earlier design flexible mobile device concept by Tamer Nakisci, which won the Nokia Benelux Design Awards in 2005.
- Harga Nokia
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|