|Born||Nolan Ramsey North
October 31, 1970
New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.
|Agent||Cunningham, Escott, Slevin, Doherty|
|Spouse(s)||Jill Murray (1999–present)|
Nolan Ramsey North (born October 31, 1970) is an American actor and voice actor born in New Haven, Connecticut. He has been described as "the nearest thing the games industry has to a bona fide leading man." He is well known for his voice work as Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series; Desmond Miles from the Assassin's Creed video game series; Penguin in Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Origins; Deadpool in Hulk Vs, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds/Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Deadpool, Marvel Heroes and Lego Marvel Super Heroes; Cyrille Le Paradox and El Jefe from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time; Dr Edward Richtofen in the Zombies mode in the Call of Duty games World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops II; Corrupt Cores and Defective Turrets in Portal 2; Superboy and Superman in Young Justice; Cpt. Martin Walker in Spec Ops: The Line; David in The Last of Us.
Life and career
North was born in New Haven, Connecticut. He majored in journalism at the University of North Carolina with a baseball scholarship. He worked as a reporter for almost a year in New Jersey before moving to New York City to pursue stand-up comedy and acting. North eventually relocated to Hollywood and was cast in the General Hospital spin-off series Port Charles, playing Dr. Chris Ramsey during the show's run from 1997 to 2003. He married fellow Port Charles actress Jill Murray in 1999 and has two children. During Port Charles' run, he worked on a few video games as a voice actor and began to focus on voice acting following Port Charles' cancelation.
One of his most notable roles came in 2007 when he voiced and motion capped the character Nathan Drake for the video game Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Since then, he has continued to portray the character in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (released in 2009) and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (released in 2011). In an interview with The Guardian, North reflects on his time as Drake as requiring "a lot of imagination. Motion capture is basically theatre in Spandex; there's minimal props, and you need a willingness to make an ass of yourself." North as Drake has been twice nominated at the Spike Video Game Awards in the "Best Performance by a Human Male" category. On November 14 at a PlayStation 4 pre-release event in New York, Naughty Dog confirmed in a teaser trailer of the next Uncharted game for the PlayStation 4 system. It's unknown whether North will reprise his role as Drake in the game or Drake will appear in the game.
North had a role in Star Trek Into Darkness, the sequel to 2009's live-action movie Star Trek. Director J. J. Abrams cited North's performance as Drake for the casting, he and his son being fans of the Uncharted series.
Other notable video game voice work includes roles as the Prince in Prince of Persia, Shun in Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica, Vossler in Final Fantasy XII, Eradan in Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Doctor Edward Richtofen in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Brawl in Transformers: War for Cybertron, Ghost Rider in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Shadow Demon, Lycanthrope, Lone Druid, Brewmaster, Gyrocopter, Ogre Magi, Meepo, Troll Warlord and the Keeper of the Light in Dota 2, and Merasmus, Redmond Mann's Ghost, and the Bombinomicon in Team Fortress 2.
||This section of a biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
Leading roles are bolded.
|CSI: Miami||Ken Walker|
|Haven||Will Brady (One episode, December 7, 2012)|
|Invasion Of The Christmas Lights||Narrator|
|The Last Stand||Scott Jacobs|
|Modern Family||Donald Flum|
|Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide||Art Teacher|
|NCIS||Officer Lou Giotti|
|On the Doll||Charlie|
|Port Charles||Chris Ramsey|
|Pretty Little Liars||Peter Hastings|
|Six Feet Under||Soap Actor|
|The Spiderwick Chronicles||Various Goblins|
|Ugly Betty||Morning TV show host|
|Star Trek Into Darkness||USS Vengeance helmsman|
Video Game Roles
- "Soap Central bio". Soap Central. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Quirk, Justin (November 5, 2011). "Nathan Drake: unmasked". The Guardian. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- Blake Snow (14 January 2010). "The man behind Nathan Drake". Gamepro. Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "IMDb filmography". IMDb. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Uncharted Teased for PS4 - IGN". IGN. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- Dutton, Fred (2012-05-21). "Nolan North wins part in Star Trek 2 off the back of Uncharted". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Jenna Busch (2010-02-08). "AVENGERS Animated Assembling w/ Phil Lamarr". Newsarama. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- Gross, Edward (19 August 2010). "YOUNG JUSTICE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Producers Greg Weisman & Brandon Vietti". Comic Book Movie. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Nolan North at the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2007-12-21.
- Ryan Payton's podcast Kojima Productions Report. Retrieved 2007-12-21.
- "SEGA Announces Nolan North in Resonance of Fate". RPGFan.
- "TRON Evolution voice cast announced, no Bridges". Fragland.