Nome within Telemark
|• Mayor (2003)||Jan Thorsen (Sp)|
|• Total||430 km2 (170 sq mi)|
|• Land||386 km2 (149 sq mi)|
|Area rank||229 in Norway|
|• Rank||149 in Norway|
|• Density||17/km2 (40/sq mi)|
|• Change (10 years)||-1.6 %|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-0819|
|Official language form||Neutral|
The municipality of Nome was created on 1 January 1964 when the two former municipalities of Holla and Lunde were merged. Nome consists of a number of villages including Lunde, Ulefoss, Flåbygd, and Svenseid.
The coat-of-arms is from modern times. They were granted in 1989. The arms are silver and blue and are divided party per bend sinister to look like steps. It is meant to represent the Telemark Canal which runs through the municipality.
- "Personnemningar til stadnamn i Noreg" (in Norwegian). Språkrådet.
- Media related to Nome at Wikimedia Commons
- The dictionary definition of Nome at Wiktionary
- Municipal fact sheet from Statistics Norway
- Telemark travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Nome (Telemark) travel guide from Wikivoyage