From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Non-local)
|Look up nonlocal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Nonlocal may refer to:
- Action at a distance, direct interaction of physical objects that are not in proximity
- Conjugated system (or nonlocalized bond), in chemistry, a conjugated system is a system of connected p-orbitals with delocalized electrons in compounds with alternating single and multiple bonds, which in general may lower the overall energy of the molecule and increase stability
- Nonlocal goto, an abstract representation of the control state of a computer program
- Nonlocal Lagrangian, in field theory, a type of functional \mathcal L\phi(x) which contains terms which are nonlocal in the fields i.e. which are not polynomials or functions of the fields or their derivatives evaluated at a single point in the space of dynamical parameters (e.g. space-time)
- Non-local means, an algorithm in image processing for image denoising
- Non-local variable, in programming language theory, a variable that is not defined in the local scope
nonlocal, a statement in Python 3 that causes identifiers to refer to their bindings in outer enclosing scopes
- Nonlocal static instability, in numerous fields of study, a component of instability
- Nonlocality (or action at a distance or nonlocal action or behaviour), in physics, the direct interaction of two objects that are separated in space with no perceivable intermediate agency or mechanism
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.