From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A nonet refers to a group of nine.
- In music, a nonet is a composition which requires nine musicians for a performance. Spohr and Martinu composed nonets.
- In poetry, a nonet is a nine line poem, with the first line containing nine syllables, the next eight, so on until the last line has one syllable. Nonets can be written about any subject, and rhyming is optional.
- In computer technology, a nonet is a group of nine data bits. Such groups are not often used, so the term is much rarer than the related eight bit "octet".
- In nuclear magnetic resonance spectra NMR, a nonet is a spectrum structure with nine peaks.
- In particle physics, a nonet is a set of particles transforming as a nine-dimensional representation of some symmetry group, one such occurs in mesons.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.