<!-- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Indian cities for details -->
|District||West Khasi Hills|
|Elevation||1,409 m (4,623 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|<!-- PIN -->||793119|
|Vehicle registration||ML 06|
Nongstoin is located at Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Nongstoin</ref> It has an average elevation of 1409 metres (4622 feet)..<ref>
As of 2001[update] India census, Nongstoin had a population of 22,003. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Nongstoin has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 67%, and female literacy is 66%. In Nongstoin, 23% of the population is under 6 years of age.
In January 2006, Pope Benedict XVI erected a diocese in Nongstoin, covering the West Khasi Hills district. The Franciscan Missionary Brothers of the Catholic Church run a College and a School at Siejlieh, Nongstoin
Place of Interest
- Nongkhnum River Island and Beach.
-Weinia Falls -Shadthum Falls -Riatsohkhe Falls
- Langshiang Falls, Wei Spi Falls, Shad Chong Falls
- Mawthadraishan Peak and Lakes
- Pamphyrnai Lake
- Umyiap Paddy Field
- Rambrai, Urkhli, Mawlangsu.
- Punglieh, Syllei Iawkhein
- Wahriat Falls
- Nongstoin Bye Pass
- Rwiang river, Wahblei river
- ;"Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.<
2. information from http://www.nongstoin.net
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Meghalaya is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|