Nonproliferation Policy Education Center
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (November 2011)|
The Nonproliferation Policy Education Center (NPEC) is a not-for-profit organization that is based in Washington, D.C., and was founded in 1994 to promote a better understanding of strategic weapons proliferation issues among policymakers, scholars and the media.
Henry D. Sokolski is the executive director of NPEC.
Members of NPEC's Board of Advisors include:
- Peter A. Bradford - Adjunct professor, Vermont Law School, former member Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and chairman of the New York Public Service Commission and of Public Utilities Commission of Maine
- Rolf Ekéus - International Commission on Missing Persons Commissioner, former UNSCOM Chairman, Swedish ambassador to the US, and chairman of SPIRI
- Eldon Greenberg - Garvey Schubert Barer.
- Richard K. Lester - Director, Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Industrial Performance Center (IPC) and professor of nuclear science and engineering
- Steve Lukasik - Former Director of the U.S. Defense Department's Advanced Research Projects Agency and Chief Scientist of the Federal Communications Commission
- Gordon Oehler - Former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency's Nonproliferation Center
- Robert L. Pfaltzgraff, Jr. - President of the Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis and Professor at the Tufts University Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- David Rapoport - Editor, Journal of Terrorism and Political Violence; Professor, University of California at Los Angeles
- Peter Tynan - Partner, Dalberg Global Development Advisors
- Mark Wallace - Former US Ambassador to the United Nations, President of UANI
NPEC's Board of Advisors previously included:
- David Kay - Senior Fellow at the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies and former International Atomic Energy Agency UN-Iraq Inspection Team Leader.
- Morton Kondracke - Nationally syndicated columnist and Editor of Roll Call.
- James R. Lilley - Director of Asian Policy Studies at the American Enterprise Institute, former US Ambassador to China and South Korea, and former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs.
- Stephen Solarz - President of Solarz Associates and former Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Asia and the Pacific.
- Christopher A. Williams - Partner, Johnston & Associates, LLC
- Roberta Wohlstetter - (1912–2007) PAN Heuristics, Inc.