|Parent||Noor Investment Group|
Noor Bank (formerly Noor Islamic Bank) was established in January 2008, in Dubai - United Arab Emirates. Noor Bank is owned 94.9% by Noor Investment Group, 5% by Emirates Investment Authority, and 0.1% by individuals and corporations in the UAE.
The bank was re-branded to Noor Bank on January 7, 2014 removing the 'Islamic' from the name. The bank has a paid-up capital of $1 billion, and houses a range of banking, investing and financial and risk management products and services for individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, corporations, and government institutions.
The bank’s products and services are governed by a Shari’a Board, composed primarily of Islamic scholars from the fields of law and finance. Noor Bank is a subsidiary of Noor Investment Group LLC and a sister company of Noor Takaful.
The bank launched and continues to operate the first 24-hour, seven-days-a-week branch in the UAE. Its network of branches spans the UAE in the emirates of Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, and Sharjah. Noor Bank was named the ‘Best New Bank’ at the Bankers Middle East Industry Awards in 2009, and ‘Best New Islamic Bank’ by the International Islamic Finance Forum in 2008. After reporting an operating loss of US$ 2.5 million in the first half of 2010, the bank realized an operating profit of US$ 56.4 million by the second quarter of 2011.
- May 2008: Noor Islamic Bank opened the UAE’s first 24/7 branch, at Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- June 2008: Noor Islamic Bank opened its first overseas office in Tunis, Tunisia
- November 2008: Noor Islamic Bank opened a 24/7 branch at Dubai International Airport, Terminal 3
- December 2008: Noor Islamic Bank secured the Dubai Holding MADHAA Award for ‘Best Launch of 2008’
- February 2009: Bloomberg rated Noor Islamic Bank in the UAE’s top ten mandated Lead Arrangers list
- April 2009: Noor Islamic Bank posted a net profit of US$ 139 million for the period ended December 31, 2008. The bank also reported total assets of US$ 5.9 billion and total deposits of US$ 3.4 billion
- January 2014: Noor Islamic Bank re-brands to Noor Bank
|Award Year||Award By||Award Title|
|2011||BMEPA 2011 – Banker Middle East 2011 Product Awards||Best New Business Product & Best Insurance Product|
|2010||CEO Middle East Awards||Hussain AlQemzi, CEO of the Year Award (Best Islamic)|
|2010||Islamic Business & Finance Awards||Best Use of Technology|
|2009||Banker Middle East Industry Awards 2009||Best New Bank|
|2009||Newsweek (Arabic)||Excellence Award: Top 20 Corporate Performers in the UAE – 2008|
|2009||Islamic Finance News, Kuala Lumpur||Structured Finance Deal of the Year, UAE Deal of the Year, Best Tawarruq Deal of the Year|
|2008||International Islamic Finance Forum (2008)||Best New Islamic Bank|
|2008||MADHAA (Marketing – Dubai Holding Annual Awards)||Best Launch of the Year 2008, Bronze for ‘Best Use of Digital’, Bronze for ‘Best Consumer Insight & Understanding|
|2008||Bloomberg||Ranked First: Shari’a compliant Lead Arranger of 2008, Ranked Third: Leading Islamic Finance Book Runners|
|2008||Thomson Reuters||Ranked First on the list of Islamic Finance Book Runners and Lead Arrangers|
- "Noor Islamic rebranded to extend market reach". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Noor Islamic Bank: Services, Banks & Financial Services". The Dubai Mall. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Dubai-Based Investors Plan $1Bn Islamic Bank". The Peninsula (Qatar). Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Husain, Shakir. "Two New Islamic Banks in '07". Gulf News (UAE). Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic May Spend $2 Bln on Single Buy". Reuters. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor's Al Qemzi Named CEO of the Year- Best Islamic Bank at the CEO ME Awards 2010". Al Bawaba. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank First in Middle East to Operate Round-The-Clock Branch". Zawya. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank wins 'Best New Bank' at Banker Middle East Industry Awards 2009". AMEInfo. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank Posts AED 85 Million Net Profit for the Period Ending June 30th". Albawaba Business. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Board of Directors". Noor Islamic Bank. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Mohammed Opens Dubai's Noor Islamic Bank". Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank sets up Tunisia operation". AFB. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum Inaugurates Noor Islamic Bank’s Branch at Dubai Airport Terminal 3". Arabian Business. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank Wins 'Best Launch of 2008' at Inaugural Dubai Holding Awards". Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank Emerges Top UAE Lead Arranger for 2008". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "NIB, NT bag awards at BMEPA 2011". The Gulf Today. 2011-04-03. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- "Noor's AlQemzi Named CEO of the Year- Best Islamic Bank at the CEO ME Awards 2010". Al Bawaba. 2010-09-22. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Islamic Business & Finance Awards 2010: UAE Walks Away with 11 Awards". Central Bank of Malaysia. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank Ranked among UAE’s Top 20 Performers by Newsweek (Arabic)". Arabian Business. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Noor Islamic Bank wins three awards from Islamic Finance News". AMEInfo. Retrieved 14 March 2013.