From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Nootka (disambiguation))
Nootka may refer to:
- The Nuu-chah-nulth indigenous peoples and their Nuu-chah-nulth language
- The Nuu-chah-nulth word Nootka means circle as in the water circles the island.
- Captain Cook mistook the word as the name of this westcoast tribe.
- The place called Nootka Sound
- The island known as Nootka Island
- The three treaties signed in the 1790s, known as the Nootka Conventions
- The associated Nootka Crisis
- The ship HMCS Nootka (R96)
- The ship HMCS Nootka (J35)
- The Nootka Rose or Rosa nutkana
- The Nootka Cypress or Callitropsis nootkatensis
- The Nootka Fault on the South Coast of British Columbia, Canada
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.