Nordic Cross Country Championships
The Nordic Cross Country Championships is an annual international cross country running competition that is contested between the Nordic countries. The championships are generally held in mid-November and the host nation rotates every year between the Nordic countries.
Established in 1997, the championships comprises four separate races: the men's senior and junior competitions (9 kilometres and 6 km respectively), and a senior and junior competition for women (7.5 km and 4.5 km). The women's senior race was previously the same length as the junior race, but this was modified in 2008. The distances are approximate and vary slightly from year to year depending on the course.
In addition to the individual competitions, each race doubles as a team competition in which the finishing positions of the top three athletes from each country are combined, with the lowest scoring national team winning. The performances of the top four athletes are used for the men's senior team race.
- Nordic Cross Country Championships. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2009-11-14.
- Sonninen, Antti-Pekka (2009-11-07). Danish men, Swedish women take Nordic Cross Country team titles. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-11-14.
- Sonninen, Antti-Pekka (2008-11-16). Sylta claims Norway’s first men’s title, Sandell-Hyvärinen dethrones Otterbu – Nordic XC Champs. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-11-14.
- Sonninen, Antti-Pekka (2006-11-11). Nordic Cross Country titles fall to Mohamed and Otterbu in Fredrikstad. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-11-14.
- Julin, A. Lennart (2007-11-04). Melkevik Otterbu and Utriainen take senior spoils at Nordic XC Champs. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-11-14.
- Nieminen, Mikko (2004-11-14). Nyberg copes best with conditions - Nordic Cross Country Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-11-14.
- Nordic Cross Country Championship. Strindheim Friidrett. Retrieved on 2010-10-25.
- 2011 NCCC. Dansk Atletik. Retrieved on 2013-02-11.
- Denmark takes double victory at Nordic Cross Country champs. IAAF (2012-11-11). Retrieved on 2013-02-11.
- 2012 NCCC. SportsTiming. Retrieved on 2013-02-11.