|Look up norm in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Norm or NORM may refer to:
A designated standard of average performance of people of a given age, background, etc.
- Norm (artificial intelligence), a set of statements used to regulate artificial intelligence software
- Norm (philosophy), sentences within philosophy with practical implications
- Norm (social), expected patterns of behaviour and belief, often studied in sociology, social psychology, and a myriad of other academic fields
- Peremptory norm, a fundamental principle of international law which is accepted by the international community of states as a norm from which no derogation is ever permitted
- Norm, a statistical concept in psychometrics representing the aggregate responses of a standardized and representative group are established for a test, against which a subject is compared
- NORM, an abbreviation for naturally occurring radioactive materials
- NORM, an acronym coined by Chambers and Trudgill (1980) to refer to a group speakers frequently used in dialect studies ("non-mobile older rural males")
- Norm (mathematics), a map that assigns lengths to vectors, with some variations:
- Surface normal, a vector which is perpendicular to a surface
- Field norm in algebraic number theory and Galois theory
- Ideal norm, the ideal theoretic generalization of the field norm
- Norm (group), a certain subgroup of a group
- A map from a pointset into the ordinals, inducing a prewellordering
- In class field theory, a norm group is a group that is the image of the multiplicative group of a field.
- In Euclidean domain, many authors use "norm function" in place of "Euclidean function".
- Norm Macdonald (b. 1963), a Canadian comedian
- Norm Abram, carpenter in the television show This Old House
- Norm Peterson, a character in the sitcom Cheers and its spin-off Frasier.
Cheers's most popular running gag occurred when Peterson would enter the bar, say "Evening, everybody.", and the entire bar would respond, shouting "NORM!"
- Norm, a character from the Life. Be in it. campaign
- Norm the giant robot man, a recurring creation of Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb
- The Norm Show, a television series featuring Norm Macdonald as the titular character
- Grandmaster norm, a chess result required to qualify for an official title
- Norms Restaurants, a chain of restaurants in Southern California
- NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) transport protocol, as defined in RFC 5740
- The Norm a syndicated comic strip by Michael Jantze
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.