|First appearance||Journey into Mystery Vol. 1 #116 (May 1965)|
|Created by||Lee / Kirby|
|In story information|
|Type||Jewels, Mystic item/artifact|
|Element of stories featuring||Asgardians|
During the Dark Reign, Loki wanted to use the Hood as an instrument in Norman Osborn's collapse, and takes the Hood and Madame Masque to Cuba and presents the Norn Stones to him, which gives the Hood a new power source. The Hood later reveals the Norn Stones to his Crime Syndicate and empowers them with the ability to find and kill the New Avengers. As Donyell Taylor and Tigra attack the Hood, he uses the Norn Stones to empower some of the cadets on his side.
During the Siege of Asgard, Tyr is seriously wounded by the Hood using the Norn stones. As the Void tore apart the New Avengers, Young Avengers, and Secret Warriors, Loki began to repent, realizing that what had happened to Asgard was not what he wanted. He begged his father, Odin, to return to him the Norn Stones, which were taken away from the Hood and given to Loki. This removed the Hood of all power, and Loki uses this power and the power the Hood had given to his gang to revive and empower the mortal and immortal heroes struck down by the Void with the power to defeat the Sentry (who is fully possessed by the Void).
During World War II, Baron Zemo approaches Heinrich Himmler and asks for an army to invade Asgard. While Himmler is skeptical at first, Zemo shows him that he possesses the mythical Norn Stones. Himmler immediately approves Zemo's plan. Zemo then uses the stones to summon the Frost Giants, and the combined German and Frost Giant forces attack Asgard. Zemo then reveals himself to be Loki, finally making his move on his former home. The Asgardians are taken by surprise and slaughtered, leaving only Odin and Thor left. In anger, Odin pushes Loki into the World Tree, where he is locked in the Room With No Doors.
In the modern era, in Germany, an old German World War II veteran follows instructions given to him by Loki and uses the Norn Stones to free him from the Room With No Doors, for which Loki shows how he is thankful by killing him. 
In other media
- In The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode "This Hostage Earth", Baron Zemo and Enchantress recruit Grey Gargoyle, Chemistro, and Living Laser to help them when Enchantress steals the Norn Stones from Karnilla's lair. The Masters of Evil are each positioned at different parts of the world to guard a Norn Stone in order to make Earth one with the different Asgardian kingdoms. The Abomination battles Wasp over one of the Norn Stones. Black Panther fights Wonder Man in a graveyard where the Norn Stones are, and during the fight the Norn Stones activate and strange spirits emerge. Thor fights the Enchantress and Baron Zemo over another Norn Stone. In the episode "The Fall of Asgard" the Avengers destroyed the Norn Stones on Earth, and a chain reaction of magic scatters them across 7 of the 8 other realms connected to Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life. In the episode "Acts of Vengeance" Baron Zemo attempts to use the eighth stone (which connects to Muspelheim) to protect himself from the revenge of the Enchantress.
- In Ultimate Spider-Man season 2 episode "Itsy Bitsy Spider-Man", Loki uses a Norn Stone to turn Spider-Man and his team, and later Thor, into children. In the episode, they appear as super-deformed versions. With Thor being turned into a baby, Loki then became the eldest son and heir of Odin.
- Journey into Mystery #117 (June 1965)
- Avengers vol.3, #1-3 (1997)
- New Avengers #56-57
- New Avengers #61
- Avengers: The Initiative #34
- Thor #608
- Siege #4 (June 2010)
- Ultimate Thor #1
- Ultimate Thor #2
- Ultimate Thor #4