The front page of Norrköpings Tidningar on December 9, 1840
|Owner(s)||Erik and Asta Sundin Foundation|
|Publisher||Norrköping Tidningar AB|
Norrköpings Tidningar (English: Norrköping Times), also known as NT, is a Swedish daily newspaper with its main distribution in northern and eastern Östergötland. The newspaper was founded in 1758 as the Norrköping Weko-Tidningar, and published its first issue on October 14 of that year. Norrköpings Tidningar is Sweden's oldest continually published newspaper still in print, and has published six days a week since 1871. The paper's principal owner is the Erik and Asta Sundin Foundation, named after Erik Sundin, who served as editor-in-chief of the paper from 1899 until 1929, and his widow, Asta Sundin. The foundation has owned the paper since 1947.
Norrköpings Tidningar aligns with the Moderate Party, and is published by Norrköping Tidningar AB, majority owner of Norrköpings Tidningars Media AB, which also publishes several other newspapers including Folkbladet, Gotlands Allehanda, Gotlands Tidningar, and Norrländska Socialdemokraten and operates the local television stations 24nt, 24Corren and 24Norrbotten and five local radio stations.
The newspaper was first published on October 14, 1758, after county Governor Gustaf Adolf Lagerfelt sent an application to the Office of His Majesty, which issued the privilege on September 15, 1758. In 1959, the evening Östergötlands Dagblad was acquired and combined. In 1967, circulation exceeded 50,000 copies for the first time. The newspaper attempted to expand into southern Södermanland, establishing a local office in Katrineholm and publishing a special local edition. However, publication in Södermanland ceased the next year due to costs and a low subscription rate.
In 2007, circulation was approximately 49,000 copies per day.
- Hadenius, Stig; Weibull, Lennart. "The Swedish Newspaper System in the late 1990s" (PDF). p. 1. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- "Norrköpings Tidningar". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved August 26, 2011. (subscription required)
- Furhoff, Lars; Hederberg, Hans (1969). Dagspressen i Sverige [The daily press in Sweden] (in Swedish). Aldus/Bonnier. p. 165.
- "Kontakta NT" [Contact NT] (in Swedish). Norrköping Tidningar AB. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- Loos, Viggo (1958). En avisa genom två sekler. Norrköpings Tidningar 1758–1958. Norrköping: Norrköpings Tidningar. pp. 12–13. ISBN 9969020714.
- Henrikson, Gunnar (1998). En avisa för nytt sekel: Norrköpings tidningars historia. Norrköping: Norrköpings Tidningar. pp. 172–174. ISBN 91-630-6264-X.
- "Interview with Theo Blanco, Norrköpings Tidningar". IFRA. March 23, 2007. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Norrköpings Tidningar.|