||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2012)|
|Birth name||Norris Wilson|
|Born||April 4, 1938|
Wilson has written or co-written numerous hit songs during more than 40 years in the industry, including songs for David Houston, Jean Shepard, Charlie Rich, Charley Pride, George Jones and Tammy Wynette, among many others. He has also produced or co-produced songs for dozens of artists, including Joe Stampley, Margo Smith, Sara Evans, Kenny Chesney and Shania Twain.
Earlier in his career, Wilson also enjoyed a string of minor hits as a performer on the Billboard magazine Hot Country Singles chart. The biggest of his three Top 40 hits was "Do It To Someone You Love," which reached No. 20 in 1970.
|1969||Dedicated To: Only You||40||Smash|
|US Country||CAN Country|
|1969||"Only You"||68||—||Dedicated To: Only You|
|"Love Comes But Once in a Lifetime"||44||—|
|"Shame on Me"||56||—||singles only|
|1970||"Do It to Someone You Love"||20||—|
|"Old Enough to Want To (Fool Enough to Try)"||53||—|
|1972||"Everybody Needs Lovin'"||28||47|
|1973||"Darlin' Raise the Shade"||64||—|
|"Ain't It Good (To Feel This Way)"||35||82|
|1974||"Loneliness (Can Break a Good Man Down)"||96||—|
|1977||"So Close Again" (w/ Margo Smith)||43||—||Happiness (Margo Smith album)|
Awards and recognition
- 1975 Grammy Award (with Billy Sherrill, songwriters) for Best Country Song, "A Very Special Love Song"
- 1996 Inductee into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame 
- 2008 Inducted into Kentucky Music Hall of Fame
- Roland, Tom, "The Billboard Book of Number One Country Hits" (Billboard Books, Watson-Guptill Publications, New York, 1991 (ISBN 0-82-307553-2)
- Whitburn, Joel, "Top Country Songs: 1944-2005," 2006.
- Hyatt, Wesley (1999). The Billboard Book of No. 1 Adult Contemporary Hits (Billboard Publications)
|This article about a United States songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|