North American Arms
|Pocket Pistols and revolvers|
|Predecessor||Rocky Mountain Arms|
|Website||North American Arms|
North American Arms is a United States company, headquartered in Provo, Utah, that manufactures small pistols and mini-revolvers. The company was originally named Rocky Mountain Arms when it was founded in 1972. In 1974 it was bought by new owners who renamed the company North American Arms.
The mini-revolvers produced by the company are single action revolvers, which have a spur trigger design. They are reminiscent of late 19th century pocket revolvers, the main differences being their size and also that NAA's mini-revolvers are made completely of stainless steel. The design of the mini-revolvers was developed by Freedom Arms, which stopped selling these mini-revolvers in 1990 and sold the design to North American Arms.
Mini-Revolvers are made in the following calibers:
In 1997 NAA branched out into semiautomatic concealed carry pistols known as the Guardian models to compete with Seecamp. Semi-automatic Guardian pistols are made by North American Arms in the following calibers:
The .25 NAA cartridge was developed by North American Arms based upon a wildcat bottleneck cartridge using .32 ACP brass necked down to grip a .25 caliber bullet, with the goal of increasing penetration beyond what either a .25 ACP or .32 ACP could do. Likewise, the .32 NAA was developed by North American Arms to increase the penetration of a .32 caliber bullet relative to a .380 ACP cartridge.
- Peterson, Phillip (19 August 2011). Gun Digest Book of Modern Gun Values. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 195. ISBN 1-4402-1835-8.
- Hogg, Ian; Walter, John (29 August 2004). Pistols of the World. David & Charles. p. 266. ISBN 0-87349-460-1.
- John Taffin (November 2009), "The "Earl": a new mini mag from North American Arms", Guns Magazine
- Ayoob, Massad (28 September 2007). The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 38. ISBN 1-4402-1825-0.
- Shideler, Dan (28 February 2011). Gun Digest Book of Semi-Auto Pistols. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 56. ISBN 1-4402-2439-0.
- Barnes, Frank C. (5 October 2012). Cartridges of the World: A Complete Illustrated Reference for More Than 1,500 Cartridges. Iola, Wisconsin: Gun Digest Books. p. 333. ISBN 1-4402-3059-5.
U.S. Patent 4,450,992 Belt buckle-mini-revolver combination patent