North American Bancard
North American Bancard (NAB) is a registered merchant services provider and is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA. American Express may require separate approval.
Founded in 1992 by CEO/President Marc Gardner, it is headquartered in Troy, Michigan. Its corporate office employs roughly 500 people. As a merchant services provider, NAB’s payment solutions include: credit, debit, EBT, check conversion and guarantee, ATM, gift and loyalty cards, and online payment solutions. The company currently processes over $12 billion per year in electronic transactions for over 125,000 merchants in all 50 states.
North American Bancard is also a foundation member of Automation Alley.
Since its inception in 1992, North American Bancard has grown into one of the top 50 largest merchant acquirers in the U.S. In 2008, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) recommended the Michigan Economic Growth Authority (MEGA) approve a $21.5 million state tax credit to NAB. The company moved its headquarters to a 105,000-square-foot (9,800 m2) building on Stephenson Hwy in fall of 2009.
Awards and nominations
Marc Gardner received the Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2008.
The Detroit Regional Chamber selected Gardner as a guest speaker at the 2009 Mackinac Policy Conference to discuss Michigan’s economic future and Gardner’s success as an entrepreneur. The panel also included Ari Emanuel, Dennis Archer Jr., and Edward Walker.
The American Heart Association named North American Bancard as a 2010 Fit Friendly Gold Status company for their comprehensive wellness initiatives for their employees.
North American Bancard and its brand PayAnywhere were awarded for the category Design in Electronic and Digital Communications - Website by the International Association of Business Communicators Detroit in June 2011.
NAB currently employs over 500 people. It expects to hire 60 more people this year in order to create a total of 1899 jobs over the next decade as part of the MEDC state tax credit.
In June 2010, North American Bancard announced its acquisition of Point and Pay from Vesta Corp as a means to expanding into payment processing for the public sector and non-profits.
As part of Gardner’s effort to “expand our established commitment to putting the customer first,” North American Bancard launched a redesigned corporate website in June 2010. The new website was expanded to 200+ pages of content and updated to “create a clear, strong and relevant brand identity for North American Bancard”.
In January 2011, North American Bancard announced the launch of PayAnywhere, a mobile payment processing solution. PayAnywhere is a mobile application and card reader accessory designed so that users can accept credit card payments on their smartphone. The product offers no setup fees, no application fees, no monthly service fees, no cancellation fees, and no monthly minimums.
Horrible 1.3 Star rating on Yelp 
44 bad reviews on Merchant Maverick 
- "North American Bancard Merchant Services". Nabancard.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "North American Bancard | Member Information". Automation Alley. 1990-01-01. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "Turning it around | Smart Business". Sbnonline.com. 2008-06-26. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "Michigan Economic Development Corporation". Themedc.org. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "North American Bancard moves into new Troy HQ | Crain's Detroit Business". Crainsdetroit.com. 2009-11-09. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- [dead link]
- "GS Archives". The Green Sheet. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Marc Gardner Guest Panelist at Mackinac Policy Conference". PRLog. 2009-08-24. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "IABC Detroit » Blog Archive » 30 Years of Excellence and 2011 Winners". Detroit.iabc.com. 2011-06-26. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Michigan Set your local edition ». "Credit card processor hiring 1,500 in Troy | MLive.com". Blog.mlive.com. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- [dead link]
- "North American Bancard Launches Redesigned Corporate Website Offering Enhanced Customer Experience - TROY, Mich., June 18 /PRNewswire/". Prnewswire.com. 2010-06-18. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "Sell Anything Anywhere With "Pay Anywhere" Free iPhone App & Reader from North American Bancard". Facebook. 2011-01-17. Retrieved 2013-03-26.