Canada, Mexico and the United States, members of the NALS.
The North American Leaders' Summit is the official name of the trilateral annual summit between the prime minister of Canada, and the presidents of Mexico and the United States. It started as the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, a continent-level dialogue, founded on 23 March 2005. The summit is often referred to as the Three Amigos Summit in the popular press.
- A video of the Waco SPP Trilateral Summit News Conference is available online.
- Meeting between U.S. President Bush, Mexican President Fox and Canadian Prime Minister Harper. A U.S. White House press release regarding the Cancún SPP Trilateral Summit is available online.
- The leaders of the U.S., Canada and Mexico had a major trilateral summit meeting, in relation to the SPP, at the Château Montebello, in Montebello, Quebec.
- April 21–22, 2008 - New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
- August 8–11, 2009 - Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
- No meeting in 2010 - there was however, a North American Foreign Ministers Meeting in Wakefield, Quebec, Canada in December 2010
- November 13, 2011 - Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
- Was to meet after the 2011 APEC Summitt. President Calderón declined to attend as his Interior Minister, Francisco Blake Mora, died in a helicopter crash on November 11, 2011.
- Meeting between Calderón, Harper, and Obama.
- ^ Office of the Prime Minister of Canada, Press release
- ^ The White House, Press Release
- ^ Presidency of Mexico, Press release (Spanish)
- ^ http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/three-amigos-summit-not-so-chummy-145886435.html
- ^ Potter, Mitch (April 2, 2012). "Analysis: Stephen Harper faces tricky terrain during ‘Three Amigos' summit". The Star (Toronto).
- ^ "Baylor University, Trilateral Summit News Conference". nola.com. 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- ^ "President Bush Meets with President Fox in Cancún, Mexico". nola.com. 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- ^ "The White House, Joint statement by Prime Minister Harper, President Bush and President Calderón". nola.com. 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- ^ "North American summit set for April 21–22". nola.com. 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- ^ "Calendar of Communication and Information Events". state.gov. 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- ^ http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/can-am/highlights-faits/NA-FMstatement-declarationAE-AN.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
- ^ USA Today. November 10, 2011 http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/11/obamas-asia-trip-packed-with-bilateral-meetings/1 .
- ^ http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/apec2011/apecstories/20111112_World_leaders_step_onto_isle_stage.html?id=133737033
- ^ http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/04/01/harper-set-to-meet-with-u-s-mexican-leaders-in-washington-for-three-amigos-summit/