North Bristol NHS Trust
|Type of Trust|
|NHS hospital trust|
|Last annual budget|
|Chief Executive||Andrea Young|
|Website||North Bristol NHS Trust|
|Care Quality Commission reports||CQC|
North Bristol NHS Trust is a National Health Service trust providing community healthcare and hospital services to Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset, England. Medical teaching facilities are provided in association with the University of the West of England, Bristol University and the University of Bath.
- Frenchay Hospital
- Southmead Hospital Bristol - A+E
- Cossham Memorial Hospital
- Yate West Gate Centre - Minor Injuries
- Young People's Community
- Riverside Unit
- Thornbury Hospital - Minor Injuries
- Clevedon Hospital - Minor Injuries
The first patients moved into the Trust's new Brunel hospital at Southmead in May 2014.
Between July and September 2014 the Trust had the third worst performance in the country against the requirement to treat and discharge or admit 95 per cent of A&E patients within four hours. It produced an operational resilience and capacity plan, envisaging the trust would achieve performance of 92 per cent against the A&E four hour standard by April which was rejected. The biggest reason for avoidable breaches of the target was said to be the availability of suitable beds to admit patients. The trust had a deficit of £20.1m at the end of August, £6.7m worse than planned. An unnamed whistleblower claimed a lack of beds was putting patient safety at risk because small rooms designed for minor procedures, such as injections, were being used to keep patients in overnight. The Trust claimed these single rooms were entirely appropriate for safe and dignified patient care.
- "About Us". North Bristol NHS Trust. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "First patients to move into new Bristol hospital". ITV. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- "Trust's winter cash withheld until it has 'believable' A&E plan". Health Service Journal. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Lack of beds at Bristol's new Southmead Hospital 'is putting patients' lives at risk'". Bristol Post. 29 October 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.