North Carolina Highway 200
|Maintained by NCDOT|
|Length:||50.1 mi (80.6 km)|
|Existed:||1930 – present|
|South end:||SC 200 at the SC line near Jaars|
| US 74 / US 601 in Monroe
NC 24 / NC 27 in Locust
|North end:||US 601 near Concord|
|Counties:||Union, Stanly, Cabarrus|
NC 200 traverses 50.1 miles (80.6 km), starting at the South Carolina state line, through the city of Monroe and the towns of Stanfield and Locust, before ending at US 601 near Concord. With exception in Monroe, it is a two-lane rural highway.
Established in 1930, it went from Monroe, at US 74/NC 20/NC 25/NC 151, to the South Carolina state line, near Jaars, where it changed into SC 93 (renumbered to SC 200 in 1937). Between 1931-36, NC 200 was realigned north of Old Highway Road near Jackson. In 1936, the highway was extended north via Franklin Street, Church Street, Winchester Street, and finally Morgan Hill Road to NC 27, in Locust. In 1942, the highway was extended again north to current terminus at NC 151 (renumbered US 601 in 1951).
About 1958, NC 200 was rerouted in Monroe to follow Morrow Road and Haynes Street onto new bypass US 74/US 601, then return on Morgan Hill Road. By 1982, it had reverted to follow along Charlotte Avenue and Church Street.
On August, 2011, NC 200 was rerouted northwest, on new road, around downtown Monroe. Utilizing Martin Luther King Boulevard and Dickerson Boulevard to connect with US 74. The old alignment, Lancaster Avenue and Charlotte Avenue to Franklin Street, was downgraded to secondary road. NC 75 was extended, replacing NC 200 from Franklin Street to Haynes Street, via Charlotte Avenue and Church Street. NC 207 was also extended, replacing NC 200 from Church Street to US 74/US 601 (Roosevelt Boulevard), along Haynes Street/Skyway Drive.
|Union||State line||0.0||0.0||SC 200 west|
|Roughedge||9.0||14.5||NC 522 south (Rocky River Road)|
|Monroe||15.3||24.6||NC 75 (Waxhaw Highway) – Waxhaw|
|15.7||25.3||NC 84 (Weddington Road) – Weddington|
|17.8||28.6||US 74 east (Roosevelt Boulevard) – Charlotte||East end of US 74 overlap|
|18.8||30.3||US 601 north / NC 207 south (Skyway Drive) – Concord, Monroe Business District||North end of US 601 overlap|
|20.0||32.2||US 74 east / US 601 south (Roosevelt Boulevard) – Wadesboro, Pageland||East end of US 74 and north end of US 601 overlap|
|US 74||Proposed interchange (unfunded)|
|Unionville||24.2||38.9||New Salem Road|
|31.4||50.5||NC 218 – Mint Hill, New Salem|
|Stanly||Stanfield||40.1||64.5||Stanly Street – Big Lick|
|Locust||41.9||67.4||NC 24 / NC 27 – Charlotte, Albemarle|
|Cabarrus||46.5||74.8||Reed Mine Road||To Reed Gold Mine Historic Site|
|47.5||76.4||Mount Pleasant Road – Mount Pleasant|
|50.1||80.6||US 601 – Concord, Monroe|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Google, Inc. "North Carolina Highway 200". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N+Carolina+200+N%2FLancaster+Hwy&daddr=34.9981508,-80.5730724+to:35.1720468,-80.3979942+to:N+Carolina+200+N&hl=en&ll=35.055856,-80.516052&spn=0.940915,1.783905&sll=34.985214,-80.555019&sspn=0.058859,0.111494&geocode=FcBMEwIdWjQw-w%3BFYYHFgIdcI0y-ykjO3hH7DBUiDEtWdmmnmZp_w%3BFc6uGAIdVjk1-ynDZhWoxUFUiDH4MmlRW-bzpw%3BFagfGwIdWG8z-w&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1,2&t=p&z=10. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Mapmikey's South Carolina Highways Page". Retrieved June 26, 2011.[unreliable source?]
- "NCRoads.com: N.C. 200". Retrieved January 26, 2013.[unreliable source?]
- North Carolina Department of Transportation (August 15, 2011) (PDF). Route Change Request Form: NC 200, NC 75, NC 207, NC 84 (Map). https://connect.ncdot.gov/resources/safety/Route%20Changes/2011_08_15.pdf. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- Staff. "NCDOT: Monroe Bypass". North Carolina Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 26, 2013.