North Ealing tube station
Location of North Ealing in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Ealing|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Metropolitan District Railway|
|23 June 1903||Station opened|
|4 July 1932||District Line service replaced by Piccadilly Line|
|Added to list||30 October 2003|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
North Ealing is a London Underground station on the Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly Line between Ealing Common and Park Royal. The station is located on Station Road, a short distance from the junction of Queens Drive and Hanger Lane (A406, North Circular Road). It is in Travelcard Zone 3.
North Ealing station was opened on 23 June 1903 by the Metropolitan District Railway (MDR, now the District Line) on its new extension from north of Ealing Common to Park Royal & Twyford Abbey (closed and replaced by Park Royal in 1931), where the Royal Agricultural Society's Park Royal show grounds had been recently opened. The line was opened fully to South Harrow on 28 June 1903.
This new extension was, together with the existing tracks between Ealing Common & Acton Town, the first section of the Underground's surface lines to be electrified and operate electric instead of steam trains. The Deep level tube lines open at that time (City & South London Railway, Waterloo & City Railway and Central London Railway) had been electrically powered from the start.
On 4 July 1932 the Piccadilly Line was extended to run west of its original terminus at Hammersmith sharing the route with the District Line to Ealing Common. From Ealing Common to South Harrow, the District Line was replaced by the Piccadilly Line and, from this date, District Line trains west from Ealing Common ran to Ealing Broadway only.
London bus route 83 and 112.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- "North Ealing London Regional Transport Underground Station". The National Heritage List for England. English Heritage.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to North Ealing tube station.|
- "North Ealing". Photographic Archive. London Transport Museum. Archived from the original on 2014-02-21.
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|