North East Hampshire (UK Parliament constituency)
|North East Hampshire|
|for the House of Commons|
Boundary of North East Hampshire in Hampshire.
Location of Hampshire within England.
|Electorate||72,548 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Fleet, Church Crookham, Hook and Yateley|
|Member of Parliament||James Arbuthnot (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||East Hampshire, Aldershot|
|European Parliament constituency||South East England|
Parliament accepted the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies which slightly altered this constituency for the 2010 general election - the seat's southernmost part was transferred to East Hampshire while it gained some wards from Basingstoke and Hart wards from Aldershot - since which it has electoral wards:
- Calleva; Pamber; Sherborne St John; Upton Grey and the Candovers in the Borough of Basingstoke and Deane
- Church Crookham East; Church Crookham West; Crondall; Eversley; Fleet: Central, Courtmoor, North, Pondtail, West; Hartley Wintney; Hook; Long Sutton; Odiham; Yateley East: North and West in the Hart District.
The seat includes significant software, hardware and military sectors and a significant proportion of Basingstoke, Bracknell and City of London commuters, particularly the latter towards Hook railway station on the South West Main Line; the average income level is higher than the national average. This area also has low unemployment and a high proportion of semi-detached and detached properties.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: North East Hampshire|
|General Election 2010: North East Hampshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Denzil Coulson||13,478||25.5||-1.6|
Elections in the 2000s
|General Election 2005: North East Hampshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Adam Carew||12,858||27.2||+4.2|
|General Election 2001: North East Hampshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Michael Plummer||10,122||23.0||+0.3|
Elections in the 1990s
|General Election 1997: North East Hampshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Ian Mann||11,619||22.7|
|Referendum Party||Dai Rees||2,420||4.7|
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "2001 Census". Neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- "2011 census interactive maps". Ons.gov.uk. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Blackwater Valley Green Party Hustings
- "UKPollingReport, North East Hampshire". Ukpollingreport.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Election result, 2005 (BBC)
- Election results, 1997 - 2001 (BBC)
- Election results, 1997 - 2001 (Election Demon)
- Election results, 1997 - 2005 (Guardian)