North East Hertfordshire (UK Parliament constituency)
|North East Hertfordshire|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of North East Hertfordshire in Hertfordshire.
Location of Hertfordshire within England.
|Electorate||72,658 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Letchworth, Baldock and Royston|
|Member of parliament||Oliver Heald (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Hertfordshire North, Hertford and Stortford, Stevenage|
|European Parliament constituency||East of England|
This seat was created in 1997 since which it has had the same member serving it in Westminster.
Parliament accepted the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies which slightly altered this constituency for the 2010 general election since which it has electoral wards:
- Braughing, Buntingford, Hertford Rural North, Hertford Rural South, Little Hadham, Mundens and Cottered, Puckeridge, Thundridge and Standon, Walkern, and Watton-at-Stone in East Hertfordshire
- Arbury, Baldock East, Baldock Town, Ermine, Letchworth East, Letchworth Grange, Letchworth South East, Letchworth South West, Letchworth Wilbury, Royston Heath, Royston Meridian, Royston Palace, and Weston and Sandon. in North Hertfordshire
The constituency includes the towns of Letchworth, Baldock and Royston and the undulating rural area, strewn with traditional English villages primarily to their south, most of which are within the more accessible parts of the London Commuter Belt and west of London Stansted Airport.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: North East Hertfordshire |
|Liberal Democrat||Joe Jordan||3,952||7.6||-15.8|
|Conservative hold||Swing||0.30% (Con to Lab)|
|General Election 2010: North East Hertfordshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Hugh Annand||11,801||23.4||+2.0|
|Your Right To Democracy Party Limited||David Ralph||143||0.3||+0.3|
Elections in the 2000s
|General Election 2005: North East Hertfordshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Iain Coleman||10,147||21.4||+4.2|
|General Election 2001: North East Hertfordshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Alison Kingman||7,686||17.2||-1.0|
Elections in the 1990s
|General Election 1997: North East Hertfordshire|
|Liberal Democrat||Steve Jarvis||9,493||18.2|
|Referendum Party||Jonathan Grose||2,166||4.2|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Ordnance survey website
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Dickinson, Eleanor (26 January 2015). "UKIP candidate chosen to take on Royston MP Sir Oliver Heald in the 2015 General Election". Cambridge News. Retrieved 25 February 2015.