North Geelong railway station
|Address||Princes Highway, North Geelong|
|Distance||69.98 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Opened||1 August 1883|
|Myki zone||3/4 overlap|
|Station status||Staffed part time|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
North Geelong railway station is located on the Port Fairy line in Victoria, Australia. It serves the northern Geelong suburb of North Geelong opening as West Geelong on 1 August 1883, being renamed on 1 January 1886.
After a rearrangement of the Ballarat line junction in 1907, the platform on the west side was removed and all trains used the one platform. A further reorganisation in 1920 saw the second platform restored.
In 1973 the Victoria Street level crossing adjacent to the southern end of the station was replaced by a road overpass and a pedestrian underpass. In 1976 both platforms were extended by over 60 metres. The main station building on Platform 1 was replaced on 8 August 1990, and in 2008 the smaller building on Platform 2 was replaced by a metal shelter.
Platforms & services
- Geelong line: V/Line services to Geelong, South Geelong & Marshall
- Warrnambool line: V/Line services to Warrnambool
- North Geelong Vicsig
- North Geelong Station Rail Geelong
- "North Geelong Signalling Diagram: March 1912". signaldiagramsandphotos.com. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "North Geelong Signalling Diagram: September 1934". signaldiagramsandphotos.com. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- Geelong - Melbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Warrnambool - Melbourne via Colac Public Transport Victoria