North Hagerstown High School
|North Hagerstown High School|
|1200 Pennsylvania Avenue
|School district||Washington County Public Schools|
|Website||North Hagerstown High School website|
North Hagerstown High School is located at 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, in Hagerstown, Maryland, United States. The school's colors are red and white, with black as the accent color. The school is part of the Washington County Public Schools system. North Hagerstown High School is fully accredited by the Maryland State Department of Education. It is the only school in Washington County to offer the International Baccalaureate Program.
North Hagerstown High School opened in 1956 at the old Potomac Avenue location after the founding of South Hagerstown High School. The present location of the school on Pennsylvania Avenue was opened in 1958. The former mascot was the Little Heiskell, however the mascot is now a Hub. North's mascot stems from the historical and geographical location of Hagerstown at the intersection of waterways, railroads, and interstate highways. Major highways intersect within the city, including Interstate 70 and Interstate 81. Just as these highways form the center or “Hub,” North Hagerstown proclaims its academic programs as center to students’ preparation for advanced education and vocations, enabling students to succeed. Hence, North is known as “The Hub of Better Learning.”
Recently the school opened a brand-new athletic facility, Mike Callas Stadium, that features a synthetic grass field and the largest free-standing scoreboard in the state of Maryland. The stadium's grand opening was on November 3, 2006, when the Hubs defeated Catoctin High School, 49-36. The stadium features bricks that were collected by alumni of the now-demolished Hagerstown High School, which was located on Potomac Avenue between the years of 1927 and 1958.
North Hagerstown High School recently received a silver rating in the U.S. News & World Report on America's Best High Schools, ranking in as 1020 in the country.
- David Bitner, former Florida politician
- Cathy Parsons, pro basketball player/former Washington Mystics coach
- Bruce Poole, former Maryland politician.
- Andrew A. Serafini, member of the Maryland House of Delegates
- George Sexton, lighting and museum designer
- Anka Radakovich, Author and columnis
David Reader (1998-2002)
Robert Myers (2003-2005)
Valerie Novak (2005-2012)
Duane McNairn (2012–2014)
Peggy Pugh (2014-present) 
Rival high school
- Parasiliti, Bob (26 March 1998). "Parsons to coach women's pro basketball team". The Herald Mail. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/local/north-and-boonsboro-high-schools-getting-new-principals/article_8fb810cd-5341-5c28-b263-b6163e04ef59.html. Missing or empty
- North Hagerstown High School Class of 1982 Reunion
- North Hagerstown High School
- Washington County Public Schools Official Site