North Hall High School
|North Hall High School|
|4885 Mt. Vernon Road Gainesville, Georgia
|Motto||Providing Challenges...Envisioning Success|
|Education system||Hall County Schools|
|Color(s)||Green & White|
|Athletics conference||GHSA Region 8-AAAA |
|Rivals||Gainesville High School|
North Hall High School is a public four year comprehensive high school located in the northern portion of Hall County, Georgia, USA, in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. North Hall serves the communities of Gainesville, Murrayville and Clermont and is located 10 miles north of Gainesville and 15 miles south of Dahlonega.
- North - White County High School
- South - Gainesville High School
- East — East Hall High School
- West - Lumpkin County High School
- South-West - Chestatee High School
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
- A qualified International Baccalaureate (IB) school, North Hall has a 5-star rating by the Great Schools Association and a 4-star satisfactory rating by parents voted on in 2011.
- A pupil/teacher ratio of 16:1
- The school offers Advanced Placement/Honors Courses.
- Highest Junior Graduation Test Scores in state.
- 99.3% of Juniors passed the Georgia High School Graduation Test.
- 55.7% eligible for HOPE Scholarship
School Enrollment & Demographics
- Total Students - 1084 (As of 2011-12)
- Male - 518
- Female - 541
- Grade 9 - 300
- Grade 10- 305
- Grade 11- 229
- Grade 12- 225
- White/Caucasian - 907
- Hispanic - 114
- Mixed - 15
- Black - 10
- Asian - 12
- Native/Alaskan - 1
- Jody Davis - former catcher for Chicago Cubs and Atlanta Braves baseball teams
- Billy Greer - bass guitarist for progressive rock band Kansas
- Corey Hulsey - former NFL Oakland Raiders football player
- Robin Spriggs - author and actor
- North Hall MS
- Wauka Mountain ES
- Mt. Vernon ES
- Riverbend ES
- Humane Society
- Marching Band
- Academic Team
- Cross Country
- Mens and Ladies Basketball
- Mens and Ladies Soccer
- Mens and Ladies Golf
- Track and Field
- Mens and Ladies Tennis
The North Hall Band program consists of a marching band, symphonic band, concert band, jazz band, winter guard, indoor drumline, and several smaller emsembles. The Marching Trojans compete at three competitions during the fall.
The NHHS Jazz Band held a benefit concert in 2007 after an E-F4 tornado struck Enterprise High School in Alabama and demolished the band hall. At the end of the night, the NHBA President announced that nearly $5500 was raised for the Enterprise Big Blue Band and a check was hand delivered the next week.
- North Hall High School enrollment characteristics by grade and gender. North Hall High School teacher, student ratios and more