North Harrow tube station
Location of North Harrow in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Harrow|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Metropolitan and Great Central Joint Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Metropolitan and Great Central Joint Railway|
|Post-grouping||Metropolitan and Great Central Joint Railway|
|25 May 1885||Line opened|
|22 March 1915||Station opened|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
North Harrow underground station is a London Underground station situated in North Harrow, North West London. The station is on the Metropolitan line and is the station between Harrow-on-the-Hill (southbound) and Pinner (northbound). Fast Metropolitan line and Chiltern Railways services pass by using two of the four tracks. It has won transport for London awards for best customer service in 2009 and 2010.
To travel to the station via Harrow-on-the-Hill northbound, one must take an all stations or semi-fast Metropolitan line train, or slow Amersham train. The steps to the station exit are towards the rear of the train when heading northbound, or front when heading southbound.
The Metropolitan Railway began running services through here on 25 May 1885 with the opening of its Pinner extension. North Harrow station opened on 22 March 1915. The station was rebuilt in 1930 to the designs of Charles Clark as part of the Metropolitan Railway's modernisation programme
Currently the art on display are photocopied pictures of local people painted over with coloured paint in various places, made by a local disabled children's group. It has two main exits but in recent years only one is in use, towards the town centre, presumably due to the setup of the barriers not requiring both. There is a direct door into a neighbouring coffee shop. The area under the railway bridge outside the exit to the station is prone to flooding at times due to its low-lying position.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to North Harrow tube station.|
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Kirk, Tristan (20 March 2009). "North Harrow tube station best for customer service". Harrow Times. Archived from the original on 2011-09-27.
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|