North Highland College
|North Highland College UHI|
|Affiliations||University of the Highlands and Islands,|
North Highland College provides further education and higher education in the north of Scotland through a network of learning centres and by distance learning. It is a constituent college of the University of the Highlands and Islands.
The College opened in 1959 and became an independent entity in 1993.
Centre for History
The college have been offering equestrian courses since 1990. In September 2012 they have used a converted farm that combines stabling, classrooms and a purpose-built indoor arena. Dale Farm is a facility that is situated approximately six miles from the main campus in Thurso.
Environmental Research Institute
Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a centre for environmental research 
The principal, Mr Donald MacBeath, took up the post in June 2014.
- "About us". North Highland College UHI. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Facts 2014". University of the Highlands and Islands. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "College centres". North Highland College UHI. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "About us". Centre for History. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Scott, Melanie (17 June 2013). "All change at Dale Farm". Scottish Horse. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "About us - History". Environmental Research Institute (ERI). Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "North Highland College UHI's Principal takes up post". North Highland College UHI. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.