North Hollywood (Los Angeles Metro station)
North Hollywood Metro Red Line Station platform.
|Address||5384 Lankershim Blvd
North Hollywoood, CA 91601
|Connections||"Kiss & Ride" passenger drop-off area|
|Platforms||1 island platform (Red Line)
1 side platform (Orange Line)
|Bicycle facilities||68 rack spaces
|Opened||Red Line: June 24, 2000
Orange Line: October 29, 2005
|Station status||in service|
North Hollywood is a heavy-rail subway station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located at the intersection of Lankershim Boulevard and Chandler Boulevard in the North Hollywood District of Los Angeles. This station is served by the Red Line as well as the Orange Line Bus Rapid Transit—BRT service. The station is the northern terminus of the Red Line, and the eastern terminus of the Orange Line in the Los Angeles County Metro Liner system .
Metro Rail and BRT service
Red Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 12:45 AM daily.
Metro Liner Orange Line BRT (bus rapid transitway) service hours are approximately from 4:00 AM until 1:00 AM daily.
North Hollywood Metro station is located on Lankershim Boulevard, which forms the western border of the station and parking lot; it is bordered on its South side by Chandler Boulevard. It is one block South of Burbank Boulevard (but is not bordered by Burbank) and is one block West of Vineland Avenue (but is not bordered by Vineland). The station is located in district of the same name in the San Fernando Valley section of Los Angeles.
A recent article in the Los Angeles Times credited the North Hollywood extension to reviving interest in that area. Developers are now moving in and beginning to buy and develop lots. While the enhanced interest has delighted the city, some residents and groups are worried that mom and pop stores will soon be bought out due to rising rent and developer influence.
Since the 2000 opening of the station, many transit-oriented developments have begun to be constructed adjacent to the station. Notable are NoHo Tower (a 15-story apartment building) across the street from the station, a large complex of apartments near the parking lot of the station, and NoHo Commons, a multi-use complex which will house several floors of apartments above a level of retail. In September 2007, transportation officials approved NoHo Art Wave, the largest "transit-oriented" development in L.A. County history, consisting of a $1.3-billion apartment, retail and high-rise office tower complex totaling more than 1,700,000 square feet (160,000 m2) of development on 15.6 acres (63,000 m2).
- Metro Local: 152, 154, 156, 162, 183, 224, 353, 656
- Metro Liner: Orange Line
- Santa Clarita Transit: 757
- Burbank Bus Noho Media District, Noho Airport Area
- LADOT Commuter Express: 549 (Stops at Lankershim and Chandler)
- California Shuttle Bus: San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
- Metro Orange Line bicycle path - begins adjacent to station and proceeds west.
- NoHo Arts District,_Los Angeles
Metro has approved the addition of a second entrance on the west side of Lankershim Boulevard, which would allow riders connecting between the Orange Line (at-surface bus rapid transit) and the Red Line (underground heavy rail) direct connectivity. Currently passengers making this connection must wait for a signal to cross the typically busy boulevard. This connection is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013.
- "Red Line station information".
- "Red/Purple Line timetable". Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- Rong-Gong Lin II and Sharon Bernstein, Large transit-oriented development OKd for North Hollywood, Los Angeles Times, September 28, 2007.
- "Metro Planning Orange Red Line Pedestrian Tunnel". Retrieved 2012-03-11.
- North Hollywood Station: connections overview
- LA Metro - countywide: official website
- LA Metro: Orange Line Timetable - schedules
- LA Metro: Orange Line map and stations - route map and station addresses and features