North Marion High School (Aurora, Oregon)
|North Marion High School|
|20167 Grim Rd NE
Aurora, Oregon, Marion County, 97002
|School district||North Marion School District|
|Number of students||612|
|Color(s)||Green and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Tri-Valley Conference 4A-2|
|Website||North Marion High School website|
OAKS Testing Scores
North Marion High School's test scores:[when?]
- Reading: 81% passed or exceeded State Average: 85%
- Writing: 71% passed or exceeded State Average: 68%
- Mathematics: 56% passed or exceeded State Average: 67%
- Science: 67% passed or exceeded State Average: 65%
|1958||Boys Track & Field||Robert Logsdon|
|1983||Girls Basketball||John Bridgens|
|2010||Boys Basketball (Sportsmanship)||Tony Merrill|
- Pat Chaffey, 1986, NFL runningback
- Kory Casto, 2000, MLB player
- Steve Schrenk, 1987, MLB player
Bob Brack Stadium
Bob Brack Stadium is a baseball field located at the school. In 2011 it was rated "best high school baseball facility on the West Coast".
North Marion Athletics
In 2011, North Marion students Josh Hauser, Cole Costello, Wyatt Moore, and Logan Beiser founded North Marion Athletics, an organization which highlights scores, storylines, and successes in varsity sports at North Marion High School. Weekly update videos are produced and uploaded on YouTube, along with various interviews, promotional videos, and live broadcasts with commentary of key away games that they also produce. To this day, NM Athletics remains in operation. It has been highlighted in local newspapers such as the Woodburn Independent and a Portland Metropolitan Area News Station in Fox 12 KPTV.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: North Marion High School (Aurora, Oregon)
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09". Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- Pat Chaffey
- Horton, Jason (June 29, 2011). "Best in the West: North Marion's baseball field receives regional accolade". Woodburn Independent. Retrieved 9 May 2012.