North Marion High School (Aurora, Oregon)
|North Marion High School|
|20167 Grim Rd NE
Aurora, Oregon, Marion County, 97002
|School district||North Marion School District|
|Number of students||571|
|Color(s)||Green and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Oregon West Conference Conference 4A|
|Website||North Marion High School website|
North Marion High School is a public high school in Aurora, Oregon, United States. The school is part of the North Marion School District with all four schools being located on the same campus. The school draws students from the cities of Aurora, Hubbard, and Donald as well as the communities of Broadacres and Butteville.
The school earned a 4 (out of 5) in its report card grading for the 2013-2014 school year, meaning more than 70 percent of students met or exceeded standards on the Oregon Assessment of Knowledge and Skills. North Marion High School's completion rate was 94.8 percent, and its four-year graduation rate was 78.6 percent.
OAKS Testing Scores
2013-2014 North Marion High School test scores:
- Reading: 83.7% passed or exceeded State Average: 85.6%
- Writing: 55.8% passed or exceeded State Average: 61.3%
- Mathematics: 59.2% passed or exceeded State Average: 71.3%
- Science: 54.4% passed or exceeded State Average: 61.3%
|1958||Boys Track & Field||Robert Logsdon|
|1983||Girls Basketball||John Bridgens|
|1996||Girls Softball||Mark Vanderpool|
|1998||Girls Softball||Gary Hunt|
|2010||Boys Basketball (Sportsmanship)||Tony Merrill|
Bob Brack Stadium
Bob Brack Stadium is the varsity baseball field located on the campus of North Marion High School, in the school's athletic complex. In 2011, it was rated "best high school baseball facility on the West Coast" by the National High School Baseball Coaches Association.
In 2011, North Marion students Josh Hauser, Cole Costello, Wyatt Moore, and Logan Beiser founded North Marion Athletics, an organization which highlights scores, storylines, and successes in varsity sports at North Marion High School. Weekly update videos were produced and uploaded on YouTube, along with various interviews, promotional videos, and live broadcasts with commentary of key away games. NM Athletics remained operational until the graduation of the founders in June of 2013.
- Pat Chaffey, 1986, NFL runningback
- Kory Casto, 2000, MLB player
- Steve Schrenk, 1987, MLB player
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: North Marion High School (Aurora, Oregon)
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09". Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Oregon School Report Cards 2013-2014". Oregon Department of Education. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Despite academic growth on report card, North Marion braces for changes". Pamplin Media. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- Horton, Jason (June 29, 2011). "Best in the West: North Marion's baseball field receives regional accolade". Woodburn Independent. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Pat Chaffey