North Marion High School (Florida)
151 West Hwy 329
Public secondary and Magnet
|Assistant Principal of Curriculum||
|Assistant Principal of Instruction||
Florida State Department of Education
Garnet and Gold
North Marion High School is a high school located in Citra, Florida. The school's athletic teams are known as the Colts and the Varsity Football team competes in the FHSAA Class 5A Division. The school colors are Garnet and Gold. The school currently serves 1,400 students in grades 9 through 12. NMHS has the largest district by physical area in the Marion County School District.
Performing Arts at NMHS
There are many Ensembles included in the NMHS Performing Arts Department. The most recognized is the Marching Band which is known as the "Mighty Colt Regiment" boasting a membership of 80 plus members. The Music Program is under the current leadership of Director of Music, J. Craig Lilly, assigned in 2005 under former NMHS Principal, Kathy Quelland. The "Mighty Colt Regiment" competes in the Florida Marching Band Coalition (FMBC) Class 3A Division. They have participated in the FMBC State Championships 6 of the last 9 years, placing as high as 7th out of 30 Bands in their respective division. The Performing Arts Department also consists of the following: Concert Band, Chorus, Jazz Band, "Phantasy" Color Guard, "Phantasmagoria" Indoor Percussion. The entire Performing Arts program is the largest extra/co-curricular activity/club on the campus with a membership of 100+ Student Performers.
Florida Department of Education School Grade
During the 2010–11 School year NMHS earned a school grade of "B" under the Florida A+ Grading System.
- Jeremy McKinnon -Musician, Lead vocalist of the pop punk/metalcore band A Day to Remember
- Greg Carr - Wide Receiver, Florida State University Graduate, Drafted: Chargers 2009
- Cortez Allen - Corner Back, The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina Graduate, Drafted: Pittsburgh Steelers 2011
- Rielle Hunter - Had an affair with and conceived a child with 2004 Democratic Party vice-presidential nominee John Edwards.
- North Marion High School
- North Marion High School Performing Arts
- School profile at GreatSchools.net
- Marion County Public Schools Website